SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Can you access the bottom end that goes behind the intake manifold without removing the manifold?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Remove pipe from intercooler to throttle body. Use a long flat blade screwdriver to remove the pinch clamp..On the new hose, place a new clamp on the tube in the correct orientation and just barely tighten it. You want it to not fall off the hose, but not so tight that you cannot slide it in place. Spraying the end that attaches to the oil trap box with a little silicone spray helps as well. Re-install pipe.

You reallly don't even need a clamp where it attaches to the oil trap box..The upper hose will require a clamp.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks, I pried open the crimped clamp with a small screwdriver, the handle inserted into a socket and extension. Then with the airbox removed for more room I could slide an arm behind the manifold to wiggle it off.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I have a new hose and was wondering how to get the old one off and the new one back on.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Take off air filter box. Plug off old pipe and out new on.

Sent from my BBF100-6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
291 Posts
I did mine without taking off the airbox or the intake pipe. Long screwdriver to remove the clamp, and then long extensions, socket u-joints, and patience were required to install new hose and tighten the clamp.

GLM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts