SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my low beans is out so I am just going to go to AutoZone until I can get some bulbs that I want. I need help on how to change the bulb out? Also does anyone know which of the store bought brands are realiable?

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Re: How to Change Headlight? (GetDown)

Silverstar are nice. I have them for my high beams and they are decent. I prefer my HIDs for sure, but everyone seems to be all uptight about them causing problems, I on the other hand will gladly pay $4-500 for a new wiper motor as long as I have quality lights that actually let me see at night. I hated my stock halogens, even with brand new bulbs they sucked (aligned properly).

Super easy to change a bulb. There is a metal bar/stake that 'locks' the headlight unit into place, you just need pull that up and out and then there are a couple little plastic tabs that need to come undone, just pull the headlight out sideways and you should figure it out. There is a manual in the stickies section, take a look at it if this is too confusing. Good luck.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Re: How to Change Headlight? (carreragt7)

Silverstars are nice but don't last long. If you want the almost HID look and output get the PIAA xtreme white bulbs. They are pricey and might be hard to find in some areas but they last over a year and are the next best thing to xenon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts