SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All, my S60 Momentum has the Leatherette seats. I spoke with the dealership, and they recommend using the Volvo Leather Care Kit, but since Leatherette is essentially vinyl/plastic, I was thinking of using something like Vinylex by Lexol.

The dealership mentioned that most current automotive leathers have a thin vinyl coating to protect the actual hide underneath, and that most commercially available Leather conditioners are formulated to condition this vinyl coating. This was their reasoning for recommending the Volvo Leather Care Kit for Leatherette.

Any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Hello All, my S60 Momentum has the Leatherette seats. I spoke with the dealership, and they recommend using the Volvo Leather Care Kit, but since Leatherette is essentially vinyl/plastic, I was thinking of using something like Vinylex by Lexol.

The dealership mentioned that most current automotive leathers have a thin vinyl coating to protect the actual hide underneath, and that most commercially available Leather conditioners are formulated to condition this vinyl coating. This was their reasoning for recommending the Volvo Leather Care Kit for Leatherette.

Any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated!
Interestingly enough most leather seats are not ALL leather. Generally where the seat surface touches a human is where there is leather. Side bolsters, sides of seats and back portion of seat (rear side of seat) is leatherette as is door arm rest, etc. So we are all treating our combination Leather/Leatherette seats with leather cleaners and conditioners which means pretty much any related product will work. I use Griots Garage leather cleaner/conditioner and have been happy for 15+ years, but there are plenty of products out there.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interestingly enough most leather seats are not ALL leather. Generally where the seat surface touches a human is where there is leather. Side bolsters, sides of seats and back portion of seat (rear side of seat) is leatherette as is door arm rest, etc. So we are all treating our combination Leather/Leatherette seats with leather cleaners and conditioners which means pretty much any related product will work. I use Griots Garage leather cleaner/conditioner and have been happy for 15+ years, but there are plenty of products out there.
Thanks for your feedback!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts