SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This should only be done by the highest skilled most competent of DIY mechanics.

1. Replace the sensor.

I may or may not have learned how to do this from Volvo's instructions on the subject:

OK OK I know it's hard. So I'm back with some actual help.

Here are old and new sensors:

Here is the screw and Torx15 tip and tool setup:

Finally, here is the location, it's easier if you remove the stock airbox and cold air inlet.
The BPS sits right on top of the intercooler-to-throttle air pipe, next to the radiator, on driver's side:

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
do need a college degree?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fixed.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I dunno, looks way too complicated for me to do on my own. I'm sure I'll have to get the stealer to tackle this complicated job!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I call them wet farts. When I hard accelerate from a start, as soon as boost builds I get a lot of wet farts, or stuttering. It's like boost is being relieved mutiple times in succession. Happens often when turning and accelerating at the same time. But last night, verified it happens straight line too.
After replacing it, reset the ECU and went for a drive, was still able to duplicate the issue. But I may not have waited long enough after ECU reset, wasn't 2 minutes.

Then tried to take a video on smartphone, found empty parking lot and floored it, no more wet farts. Maybe computer learned by then (was about 4 minutes after startup). Dunno. Will monitor situation this weekend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts