SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I'm working on swapping the rubber boost lines out with silicone ones from IPD. I have two questions...

1. How do you get to the red hose connection on the compressor housing? I can see it from the bottom of the car but there is motor mount in the way of reaching it. I know a few of you have done this. How did you get to it?

2. There is oil on/dripping off of the the compressor housing of the turbo. It looks like it is dripping out of where the Air Intake attaches to the compressor housing. Is it pulling oil from the crank case or what? It is of course dripping all over the red hose which makes me think I need to replace it even more. :eek:

Thanks

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well after messing around for a while I realized that I just needed to remove the intake tube. I was able to get a 1/4" ratchet with a 7mm socket and loosen the band clamp holding the intake tube to the turbo. Once I removed the intake tube, it was easier to replace the CBV and reach the Red hose connection to the compressor housing. It doesn't look like it in the picture above, but the nipple is directly under the intake flange on the turbo. I had to take the charge pipe off to access the CBV bolt that is closest to it. The rubber connector between the charge pipe and the compressor housing was swollen enough and fat enough that I couldn't get my 10mm ratcheting wrench in there to loosen the bolt. The CBV kit from IPD should really tell you that you need to remove the intake and charge pipe. I don't know how you could do it without removing these. Its just too crowded.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts