SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day.

While putting the gear in Reverse, the side mirros adjust it self to show and focus in the rear wheels only. Now this is somehow not that convenient. I need to adjust the mirrors so that I can see a wider view. I tried to adjust it but once I move the side mirrors adjusment button it returned back to normal situation adjusment.

any help on this plz.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Good Day.

While putting the gear in Reverse, the side mirros adjust it self to show and focus in the rear wheels only. Now this is somehow not that convenient. I need to adjust the mirrors so that I can see a wider view. I tried to adjust it but once I move the side mirrors adjusment button it returned back to normal situation adjusment.

any help on this plz.

Thanks.
If you wish to disable this feature, you must go to MY CAR and in settings.

It is designed to show you where your right rear wheel is going so you do not hit the curb.

·
Registered
808 Posts
And if you do disable that feature, you may manually activate it. By putting the car in reverse and then pressing the left or right mirror button once, the chosen mirror will tilt down. Press the button again to raise them back up. Also, when normally adjusting your mirrors, make sure that you are not in reverse, as the mirrors will tilt down rather than being adjustible.

·
Registered
687 Posts
^^^

thats pretty awesome didnt know that thanks sjmcarz

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I thought there is an option or a way to adjust the side mirrors in title down pos. Do you guys keep this feature enabled or disabled?. because for me, if it is enabled I should rely only in the cam while doing the parking.

·
Registered
13,491 Posts
I disabled it on mine then discovered like sjmcarz indicated that it can be done manually when you put the car in reverse.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I keep it disabled and only use that mirror position when parallel parking so I can see the curb
on the far side (and keep the rear wheel from hitting the curb). I don't parallel park often
so when I do, it is a big help.

·
Registered
248 Posts
My VW CC let me store the right-side mirror's revere position as part of the seat memory settings.
Given the disappointing way that the S60 does NOT allow that, I don't use the reverse mirror tilt

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I love the feature and have no issues finding the wheel and curb as designed. I do wish it was faster though, it should tilt down first and it doesn't really need to tilt in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hmm... here is a one-button manual solution (although I haven't tried it yet). Turn the auto tilt feature off. Use M1 and M3 memory seat buttons. M1 and M3 will both have the same seat positioning - however different mirror settings (M1 normal, M3 tiled down at wide angle). When you shift into reverse, if you need mirrored assistance at the wider angle - press M3.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hmm... here is a one-button manual solution (although I haven't tried it yet). Turn the auto tilt feature off. Use M1 and M3 memory seat buttons. M1 and M3 will both have the same seat positioning - however different mirror settings (M1 normal, M3 tiled down at wide angle). When you shift into reverse, if you need mirrored assistance at the wider angle - press M3.
that's a clever use of the memory function, if a bit overkill!, but only IF you don't already use all three memories.

mine is set 1- me, 2- my wife, 3- parking lot position.e
more important to me than the reverse tilt mirror.

·
Registered
628 Posts
How do I adjust the right mirror to tilt down MORE. It tilted down perfectly when I first picked up the car and then I brought it in for it's 1st service and updates and guess what is not the same, the reverse tilt mirror does not tilt down like it
did prior to service. How do I save a new tilt position so it will go to that position in reverse and after pressing the "R" mirror button? Don't say bring back to service, it's a 200 mile trip for that. To explain further, no user manual explains how to reposition or change the current stored or set tilt position. I'm sure it can be done but there are not instructions on how to RESET or REPOSITION the current stored mirror angle. I'm sure Volvo service can do this (maybe) but we should be able to do it too. I really need to see the relation of my wheel to the curb, so now I have to manually tilt the mirror further down when parking instead of the automatic reverse tilt function positioning all the way down (as it always did prior to my first service visit).

·
Registered
628 Posts
I sort of solved my tilt issue as was suggested. I tilted the right mirror down so I could see my right rear wheel and the pavement then saved that mirror angle to seat memory #3. Now when parking along a curb I just hit seat position #3 and the right mirror tilts all the way down to the pavement and wheel. Now when parking along a curb I just hit seat position #3 and the right mirror tilts all the way down to the pavement and wheel. This way is actually better as one pulls up to a spot you can hit #3 and the mirror goes to the tilt position vs. having to wait until the car is in reverse, then hit the "R" mirror button, then it starts to tilt...much quicker with the Memory #3. The My Car settings don't seem to have anything to do with saving personal tilt position, only to activate the tilting.

·
Registered
808 Posts
There is no way to adjust the reverse auto tilt setting which is annoying,I find it totally useless on where the mirrors end up going so i don't use that feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts