SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My wife's 2016 Volvo S80 is awesome! However, we live in Minnesota and tonight (November 11, 2019) it is going to be 3 degrees F with a windchill of -5 degrees F. She desperately wants me to add remote start capabilities to the car, but I can't find a compatible kit anywhere. Does anyone know how to get this functionality on a 2016 Volvo?

Thanks for any guidance you can provide!
--Ed

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ed,
I too have been looking into the remote start for my wife's 15.5 s80. I am in MN too.
From the research I have done The best bet is to get the factory remote start activation. Our cars have remote start from the factory, it just needs to be activated by the dealership. Unfortunately they charge an arm and a leg for a simple 5 minute reflash to enable it. I was a ford mechanic for 10 years and the newer fords were the same way. We reflashed the BCM and told it that it had remote start, then charged the customer 500 bucks.
I am currently looking into the ability to do it with an aftermarket scan tool. If I get it to work I will let you know. Otherwise paying Kline Volvo 400 or so dollars may be the only option

David

1 - 2 of 2 Posts