SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a 2013 Volvo XC60 3.2 L FWD with 44k miles. I am trying to figure out how to access the lower engine compartment fuse box. My heater blower stopped working and before I take it to the mechanic I was hoping to inspect the fuse for it first. The specific fuse is #11, which is located in the lower engine compartment of the fuse box (listed as C in the online diagrams). I have not been able to find any answers to this question in other similar threads, nor any videos online. I also bought the Haynes manual and that was no help. Anyone know how to get to it? Thanks very much! Below is a link of the fuse box diagram.

http://car-fuse.blogspot.com/2014/02/2013-Volvo-C60.html

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
• Fuses 1 - 15, 34 and 42 - 44 are relays/circuit breakers and should only be removed or replaced by a trained and qualified Volvo service technician.
Not straightforward. Gonna have to remove bits of the fuse box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Remove the black 10mm nut and then locate and push the 3 tabs, 1 grey on inboard side, 1 grey up front in center of top layer, and a black one on the outer box back wall. Lift the box using needle nose pliers to grab here and there around box to slide it up. It will move a little in the first lift around and then it usually slides up. The wire entry grommets on front side outboard may need to be slid upwards.
The fuses in bottom row are now visible.
I do not disconnect battery but I use a lot of care so no wrenches bridge power leads to ground. do this at your own risk. Arcing wires are known to state of California to cause fire.
Screwdrivers point to tabs in photos. I don't need no stinkin' MS Word.
1st pic is the lower fuses
2nd pic is the upper box slipped up off stud and out of its "hole"
3rd are the grey tabs
4th is that black tab that is part of the back wall of fuse box enclosure

The front center grey tab is the hardest to find but a small blade screwdriver inserted and left down in there to keep the tab that latches it pushed aside is how I do it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Remove the black 10mm nut and then locate and push the 3 tabs, 1 grey on inboard side, 1 grey up front in center of top layer, and a black one on the outer box back wall. Lift the box using needle nose pliers to grab here and there around box to slide it up. It will move a little in the first lift around and then it usually slides up. The wire entry grommets on front side outboard may need to be slid upwards.
I do not disconnect battery but I use a lot of care so no wrenches bridge power leads to ground. do this at your own risk. Arcing wires are known to state of California to cause fire.

The front center grey tab is the hardest to find but a small blade screwdriver inserted and left down in there to keep the tab that latches it pushed aside is how I do it.
Just wanted to say thankyou for you post. I want to disconect fuse 8 and was having a bad time getting the top fuse tray off.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
You are welcome. Volvo did some sneaky fuse/relay box engineering starting with the P2 models and I had to figure it out to work on cars in my shop.

Reactions: integ194

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can you please email me those pictures.

Screwdrivers point to tabs in photos. I don't need no stinkin' MS Word.
1st pic is the lower fuses
2nd pic is the upper box slipped up off stud and out of its "hole"
3rd are the grey tabs
4th is that black tab that is part of the back wall of fuse box enclosure

Can you please email me those pictures. For some reason I am not able to open them. The site says I do not have permission to complete this action. My email is [email protected] Much thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,
I have a 2013 Volvo XC60 3.2 L FWD with 44k miles. I am trying to figure out how to access the lower engine compartment fuse box. My heater blower stopped working and before I take it to the mechanic I was hoping to inspect the fuse for it first. The specific fuse is #11, which is located in the lower engine compartment of the fuse box (listed as C in the online diagrams). I have not been able to find any answers to this question in other similar threads, nor any videos online. I also bought the Haynes manual and that was no help. Anyone know how to get to it? Thanks very much! Below is a link of the fuse box diagram.

http://car-fuse.blogspot.com/2014/02/2013-Volvo-C60.html
@ETbull -- Sorry to bring up an old thread, but how did this work out? Was it the fuse/relay or something else?

·
Registered
42 Posts
@cattlecar: Thanks for the instructions / pictures!

The blower fan is not coming on. So, I am trying to figure out the problem.

I got the A tray out to access C tray. I dropped the 40 amp fuse when I tried to get it out :-(. So, I had to get the B tray out to get to the fuse. I couldn't put the B tray back sliding down two notches (rear-side) and single notch on the left side. I could get it to slide down the two notches (rear-side) only. Not enough slack. I was afraid of breaking some wires. SO left it like that. Is there any knack to this ?

All this to check a fuse which happened to be good. Now I have to check the resistor and blower... If I missed anything else please let me know.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Bumping this, need to pull the headlight washer fuse from my '13 soon.

@cattlecar, which side of the junction is "hot" when you remove the black nut? May just disconnect the battery to be safe, but know you said you usually don't. Just curious what to watch for if not.

Thanks!
Joe

1 - 20 of 26 Posts