SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm doing maintenance on the rear suspension and had to disconnect the 4C sensors links from the lower control arms. I noticed that the joints on the links are stiff to very stiff, one side even bending the sensor arm before starting to rotate.

How are yours?

Do you know the part number? I think it is 8622449 "link rod". VIDA lists 8672121 for the same item in the diagram but online that pn comes with the picture of the sway bar end link.

Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Can't help with the part number, but can tell you that if that's how you describe their movement, the ball joints are way to stiff. Lubrication and work them before replacing. They are simple potentiometers, so easy to check out if they are working correctly.

Cheers
Bob

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The sensors work fine the links are the bad part. I worked some PB blaster into them and they improved a little. Time for new ones if I get the part number.

Looks like both 8622449 and 8672121 are for 4C but which one is for the R? The few pics I found show 8672121 as being more similar to the R one - metal. The 8622449 looks mostly plastic.

So anyone knows the R correct part number?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Those are for the 4C? I thought those were for the headlights.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No expert here, but Volvo refers to the sensors in the 4C context so they have something to do with it. There are accelerometers in the car but they will not give you the car "tilt" or how much the car tail is lifting/squatting. There is one sensor on each side so the computer can get an accurate picture of what is going on.
For headlights you do not need such complication as sensors installed in the rear suspension. You just need sensor for "level", pretty easy to do it in the headlights controller.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
They are for both. The cars that only have HIDs I believe only have a sensor on one side. I have replaced one of these before. They are fragile.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mine where the same last your when I did my rear suspension refresh. I used these and they were a direct replacement.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/volvo-suspension-stabilizer-bar-link-s80-8672121

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
These appear to be the rear drop links for the anti-roll bar, a suspension part not the position sensor for the suspension.

In 2014 for my 2004 R I bought sensor in the uk FROM Volvo main dealer Part : V30782822 £41.90incl VAT.
This was only for the sensor.
It connects to a triangle piece of metal by a connector rod : Part V08672121 £ 22.46incl VAT in 2018

Hope this helps
Cheers Bob

·
Registered
70 Posts
This is the correct part number (8672121) for my 04 v70r. The same as the link from fcp in my previous post.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys! I needed a visual confirmation of what Vida was saying.
Vida being Vida is a bit off listing the correct PN:8672121 but the image and the quantity are not quite good.

·
Registered
269 Posts
No expert here, but Volvo refers to the sensors in the 4C context so they have something to do with it. There are accelerometers in the car but they will not give you the car "tilt" or how much the car tail is lifting/squatting. There is one sensor on each side so the computer can get an accurate picture of what is going on.
For headlights you do not need such complication as sensors installed in the rear suspension. You just need sensor for "level", pretty easy to do it in the headlights controller.
Good to know.

I'm used to other manufacturers like Audi using ride height sensors strictly for headlight aiming, so I assumed Volvo did it the same way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts