SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I drive any particular way for the first 1000 miles? I have a friend who bought a Subaru Impreza 2.5RS, and he said to take it easy for the first 1000. Can anyone tell me exactly what I should do with my Volvo?

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
These is the concensus for Volvo owners...<P>1. Do not go above 75 mph for the first 1200 miles.<P>2. Keep the revs below 4500 rpm, but it is good to vary engine speed during the break in period. Just drive normally, but don't overtax the engine.<P>3. Most people agree that using synthetic on turbocharged engines is the best way to go right from the start. Most Volvo turbo owners agree that Mobile 1 is the best synthetic.<P>4. Volvo and Saab both have a long and distingushed record for turbocharging. With today's turbo engines, it is not really necessary to wait before shutting the engine down, but it would be a good practice if you want long and useful turbo life. Waiting 30 seconds lets the turbine spin down and lets the oil circulate freely before the engine is turned off.<P>I hope this helps! <P>-Drew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts