SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize that in the United States, Volvo sold 183 V90s in calendar year 2017 and 491 V90s in 2018. What I am interested in knowing is how many of the following were sold in the US for MY2018:

- T5 R Design
- T6 R Design
- T5 Inscription
- T6 Inscription

Perhaps Grecian Volvo can provide us with this information.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I realize that in the United States, Volvo sold 183 V90s in calendar year 2017 and 491 V90s in 2018. What I am interested in knowing is how many of the following were sold in the US for MY2018:

- T5 R Design
- T6 R Design
- T5 Inscription
- T6 Inscription

I think they were all T5R’s........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
650 Posts

- T5 R Design
- T6 R Design
- T5 Inscription
- T6 Inscription

I’m a little curious too. We picked up our 2018 V90 T6 Inscription at the FDC one year ago last Friday. Since then I’ve seen a few V90CC’s around Seattle, and exactly one V90 on a trip back from the Oregon Coast.

Before placing the order for my V90, I’d been considering a few late model used cars, Z4, Boxster, etc, etc. Ultimately one of the reasons I ended up with the V90 was a certain degree of exclusivity. That, and I really like my wife’s V70 2.5T! Little did I anticipate owning a “rare” car...lol.

Had a guy in a quite new Mercedes follow me in Tacoma the other day, when I pulled into my destination he also parked nearby and asked if I could tell him more about the V90. He ogled it a bit, I let him sit in the driver’s seat for a couple of minutes. He was highly impressed with the aesthetics and features. Similar things have happened since we got the car home from Sweden. It continues to baffle me why Volvo didn’t at least try to market this car in the US.

Meanwhile I remain pleased as punch with my choice. :D

Cheers!
Bill

·
Registered
22 Posts
Would also love to know how “rare” mine is? 2019 V90 R-Design, Bursting Blue Metallic, full leather, air suspension, P*, B&W, advanced package, CD player ;) in the US. OSD Aug 19. Haven’t seen another around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Would also love to know how “rare” mine is? 2019 V90 Bursting Blue Metallic, leather, air suspension, B&W, advanced, CD player ;) in the US. OSD Aug 19. Haven’t seen another around.

I know there are three Bursting Blue V90s in the LA area. My T6 being one that was OSD last year, and someone else here has a T5. I saw a Bursting Blue T6 a while back at Ikea with vanity plate "NOT BOXY" which was a great choice of plate.

I've also seen one white V90 Inscription and a maple brown one in the past year...so a very rare car.

Interestingly, Culver City Volvo here in LA has 13 V90s in stock at the moment..almost all are T5s. My dealer, Galpin, has 4.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nice! Good to see some other Bursting blue ones out there. Are those 18’s or 19’s? I’ve found other 18’s but no other 19’s with my spec in the northeast.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Nice! Good to see some other Bursting blue ones out there. Are those 18’s or 19’s? I’ve found other 18’s but no other 19’s with my spec in the northeast.

Mine is an '18...picked it up in May of last year using OSD.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've asked this same question because I get my OSD 19' T6 R-design (Savile Grey) this August.

I don't believe Volvo releases unit sales by trim level. That's not a common thing for any manufacturer to do (that I'm aware of). But V90's in the US are rare...

If you want to try and figure out model year numbers you can take the April to April number and split the last month. Since the model year shift is normally around week 16/17. From April 17' to mid-April 18' (MY2018) there were 250 V90's sold in the US. Divide that by 50 states and you have an average of 5 per state. From mid-April 18' to mid-April 19' (MY2019) there were 552. That's an average of 11 per state.

I think the Civic was the best selling car in the US last year. It did around 175,000 units. That would be an average of 3,525 per state.

Obviously there isn't going to be a even distribution among the states but its a fun way to look at it.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've asked this same question because I get my OSD 19' T6 R-design (Savile Grey) this August.

I don't believe Volvo releases unit sales by trim level. That's not a common thing for any manufacturer to do (that I'm aware of). But V90's in the US are rare...

If you want to try and figure out model year numbers you can take the April to April number and split the last month. Since the model year shift is normally around week 16/17. From April 17' to mid-April 18' (MY2018) there were 250 V90's sold in the US. Divide that by 50 states and you have an average of 5 per state. From mid-April 18' to mid-April 19' (MY2019) there were 552. That's an average of 11 per state.

I think the Civic was the best selling car in the US last year. It did around 175,000 units. That would be an average of 3,525 per state.

Obviously there isn't going to be a even distribution among the states but its a fun way to look at it.
Unfortunately, that does not work. There were a fair number of MY2018 V90s that were still for sale accross the Country as of November/December 2018 when I purchased mine. And, cars.com shows that 2 are still for sale -- one each in Culver City, CA and Phoenix, AZ.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Unfortunately, that does not work. There were a fair number of MY2018 V90s that were still for sale accross the Country as of November/December 2018 when I purchased mine. And, cars.com shows that 2 are still for sale -- one each in Culver City, CA and Phoenix, AZ.
Sure, but it’s still a handy abstract. Is it absolute, no way. If you go by pure year the numbers aren’t that much different. I’d make the argument the leftover sales won’t statistically alter the idea of it being a rare car. If you take all sales and it’s still only about 16.... We just need more data points.

·
Registered
89 Posts
So, the OP got me wondering if there was a way to figure this out... Has anyone played around with the vPIC API that the NHSTA offers? I was playing around with the idea of programing a series of VIN's and running them against the api. My theory is that is a VIN is valid it will decode successfully.... Obviously I'd have to create a ton of VIN's for each model but that I can do. It will just take forever to run.

Any thoughts on if the output would be at all valid?

My biggest question is if a decoded VIN is an actual VIN or just the database confirming a valid sequence.

·
Registered
63 Posts
2019 v90r

I've owned my V90 since January of this year and have yet to see another V90, anywhere other than a dealer.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I've posted this before, so apologies if you've already seen it.

I live in a small Hudson Valley village of 3,000 people (Cornwall-on-Hudson). There are not one, not two, but THREE V90s in our village, including ours. The nearest dealer is about 20 miles away, and I don't think they have ever floorplanned a V90. All were factory-ordered.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Bought my 2018 T6 V90 (white with black interior) in August 2017 off a dealer’s lot in Stamford, CT. It had everything I wanted, even stuff I didn’t really want (B&W sound system); received an excellent trade-in price for my 2016 T6 XC90 - a few thousand dollars more than the Hudson Valley NY dealership that serviced the XC90 had offered.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I've posted this before, so apologies if you've already seen it.

I live in a small Hudson Valley village of 3,000 people (Cornwall-on-Hudson). There are not one, not two, but THREE V90s in our village, including ours. The nearest dealer is about 20 miles away, and I don't think they have ever floorplanned a V90. All were factory-ordered.
So, you drive a rare car, and live in a rare place!

Hmm...methinks it’s time for a little Rare Breed Wild Turkey. 🥃

1 - 20 of 20 Posts