How did all that fluid get in there?It looks like I'm about a quart low.
My plan is to dry it out, clean it up and apply a nice bead of silicone around the seal. I feel if I remove the lens to replace the seal I'll have more problems.
don't use silicone. it's terrible for this application. You want butyl glue/sealant.Apologies in advance for the 'newbie-like' questions - in '"sealing it all back together" I am assuming that re-sealing the lens face to the assembly is what is required to stop the water penetration? Is there any recommendations for sealer beyond silicone OR should I simply invest in a new seal? Are there other potential sources for leaks? Insights are welcomed.
It looks more like a boat trailer light after launching.
Nice hand injury, testament to how hard it was getting it out.
I'm not sure if I cut it when removing the lights or on something else (replaced a few mounts too). I will say the bumper removal was a pain because its not intuitive but pretty easy once you do it.I'm firmly of the belief that it's not your car until it's made you bleed.
I decided to just hit the seam with silicone and see what happens. If it fails I'll do it right.don't use silicone. it's terrible for this application. You want butyl glue/sealant.
like that. Heat headlamp to remove the lense. Clean, dry, heat butyl rope, apply to housing, reseat lense and let cool. I find that large rubber bands help you keep it all clamped together while things mellow out. Like #64s.
I get mine from the local RV place, they use it for window installations.