SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is the car I bought at auction a month ago. Just got the title so I went to pick it up. Found this damage. I assume they will cut me a check for the cost of the repair but won't know until Monday.

Replace tail light
Touch up scratch on quarter panel at tail light
Repair bumper cover
Paint bumper cover
Replace bumper molding
Paint bumper moulding

Any possible hidden damage? The bumper is slightly bowed out under the fuel door. What might be the retail cost to repair this?

·
Registered
291 Posts
You can buy a new rear bumper cover prefinished in the correct color for $700 and a tail light off ebay for less than $100. You may have to buy a new bumper bracket and those are about $25. All in all you should be able to get away for less than $800.

GLM

P.S. Been there, done that.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Forgot to add. The prepainted bumper covers come with the molding prepainted too, so you don't need to order separately like I did. Now I have extra molding in my stack of extra parts that I will probably never need (because I have them on hand.).

GLM

·
Registered
291 Posts
You'll never know unless you ask.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Raise a righteous amount of hell with them if they need convincing. It needs to be repaired to your satisfaction.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I would tell them one of three things: car gets fixed before it leaves the lot, they cut you a check for the amount of damage, or they give you your money back. Not much damage at all, but painting that corner and blending it will still look out of place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
I'm in it $2800. 112K 6-speed. Not sure I want my money back.
No, of course not. I don't think it will escalate to that sort of saber-rattling. Just explain to them how the factory-painted cover with the trim already attached is the perfect solution.:)
No sweating a paint match, which with silver, you can chase all day :rolleyes:. My 477 silver factory-painted bumper looks perfect.
Add the taillight, maybe a bracket (I doubt they'll find anything more that's hurt under there), maybe a little touch-up, and you two part friends. ;)

$2800??? Nice. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Can you tell more about this buying at auction thing? Is that a place, is that online, is that eBay or some car dealers/junk yard owners system/process/place?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts