SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to get some aftermarket rims, or maybe the OEM anthracite Canistos.
Im not sure what to ask for my silver Canistos. They are in good condition, but the lips are chewed up (apparantly most Volvos are like this).
They sell new for $300 a piece, so I was thinking I would ask about $600 (wheels only/no tires).
Help me out and contribute to the poll.
Thanks.

·
Administrator
55,951 Posts
Re: How much should I ask for my Canistos? (Lusso5)

FWIW, I paid $795 for a reconditioned set off eBay. They work and look great on our '99 S70.

If you want anthracite Canistos, consider getting yours reconditioned. It will be about 150/wheel plus the cost to fix the chewed lips ($75-130 for repairs from the folks that redid the Swedespeed project 850R). Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Re: How much should I ask for my Canistos? (83caddy16v)

I would also consider reconditioning to make them sell for full value or do the anthracite colour (very nice) which will save you money and the hastle of selling and finding a new pair. Reconditioning really does work good, I did it about two years ago with no problems.
If your heart is set on an aftermarket set (I can relate to that) than again I would get your current rims redone before selling. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: How much should I ask for my Canistos? (Spearzy)

I can get factory Anthracite Canistos for $250 a piece, shipped to my door. If I sell my wheels for $500, that only puts me out $500 for a full set of OEM factory Anthracite Canistos. - I would rather do that then get my current ones reconditioned and painted. Plus my car wouldnt have to be out of comission while they were getting done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts