SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did search but could not find this out so please don't flame me<p>We all know that lowering increases negative camber, and that there is no camper adjustment for the rear unless you go with IPD's kit, which is a little pricy, appears to be a pain to install and looks to be a bit of a crap shoot as far as getting to a specific camber number<p>My rears are currently @ -1.8 & -1.5 is that considered excessive negative camber?<p>I am just wondering if it would be worthwhile to go the IPD route or is the negative camber reasonable enough that regular tire rotation would be the best plan.<p>Thanks in advance for any input on this question<br>

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: How much negative camber is too much? (jstro)

You're ok there. You might see a little increased wear, just make sure you keep rotating often. But even with that, you won't see full life out of the tires. <p>Over -2.0 on each you'll start to see bad wear.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>jstro</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>My rears are currently @ -1.8 & -1.5 is that considered excessive negative camber?<p><br></TD></TR></TABLE><br>I think at -1.8 you're going to see some abnormal tire wear<br>OPTIMUM is under -.1 somewhere between -.4 to -.7 is great.<p>I had -1.8 and-1.9 on my lowered S60AWD and I chewed up the rear tires pretty badly.<br>I didn't catch it in time (6000 miles) and when rotated to the front, they SUCKED!

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: How much negative camber is too much? (JRL)

Thanks for the replies, does anyone in the Atlanta area know of a good Indy that has experiance installing the IPD Rear Camber Kit?<p>Does this need to be done with a press?<p>Thanks again

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

No press, trial and error to hit the right setting<br>It tookus 3 tries to get mine exactly where I wanted it (-.06 on both sides)<br>Nothing magical about the install, any decent mechanic can do this

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: How much negative camber is too much? (JRL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>JRL</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No press, trial and error to hit the right setting<br>It tookus 3 tries to get mine exactly where I wanted it (-.06 on both sides)<br>Nothing magical about the install, any decent mechanic can do this</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Ok thanks, that make the process seem less daunting

1 - 6 of 6 Posts