SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

how much is your dealer charging to rotate tires?

3K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  frankhoffy 
#1 ·
want 50 here in austin.

#3 ·
Re: how much is your dealer charging to rotate tires? (stevopike)

In the fall (05) it was free. In the spring (06) it was $50. Now I just change the wheels myself once the snow is gone.

Modified by ss60 at 5:49 PM 6-19-2006

#7 ·
Re: (needsdecaf)

Quote, originally posted by needsdecaf »
To ROTATE the TIRES?

'twas a joke my friend

im only sitting at 2500 miles. and plus, i plan on rotating myself.

#12 ·
Re: how much is your dealer charging to rotate tires? (rogersampson)

Quote, originally posted by rogersampson »
Tire rotation is not a recommended practice by Volvo, so they may not have developed any flat rate for it.

At best I would expect about 1/2 hour of labor or about $50. That is just to rotate, not balance.
Yeah and if you don't, you will wipe out/round off the front tires as fast as you can say.. (whatever).
Volvo tires and especially R's need to be rotated every oil change or 5K miles (whichever comes first)

#17 ·
Re: how much is your dealer charging to rotate tires? (stevopike)

Get some gear and do it. Torque wrench is a must.

Watch those tires for directionality. The stock Pirellis arent but most of the winter ones will be, meaning you can only move them on one side.

#19 ·
just called the local dealer that i don't use 'cuz their customer service sucks, but they charge $23.95 to rotate and balance. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

HTF can dealer vary that much in price? unreal!

#20 ·
Re: (phuz)

Quote, originally posted by phuz »
just called the local dealer that i don't use 'cuz their customer service sucks, but they charge $23.95 to rotate and balance. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

HTF can dealer vary that much in price? unreal!

That's a deal. Just make sure that they torque the lugs to the appropriate spec and don't make a mess of the wheels with the socket.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.