SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short... and the story isnt even over yet. my turn signal FELL OFF on the highway due to a bad replacement job from the previous owner. it yanked the wires out of the turn signal socket, and my father took it in for me today while i was at work. they replaced the whole unit... for $209.00 Drivers Side turn signal. It is a unit made be a french company Cilbie i think. I know it cant be that much, so I was wondering how bad they got me, and if people know of any good volvo mechanics in South western CT

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
hmm i would say you riped off big time.i dont live in the us but i know that it is a max $20 component from a junk yard and takes 5 mins to replace.

michael.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, i was ripped, its true. not only that but they flat out lied to my face. I was told that it was checked and working fine when they pulled it out of the service bay. When I came back to pick up the car after it was fixed again, they told me that the unit was defective and they needed to send it back. Now, how did the mechanic get a defecive unit to work for himself when he tries it, but with anyone else it does not. Needless to say, this mechanic has lost my trust, and I wont be using them anymore.

Anyone know of a trusty mechanic in CT?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hopefully i can find one, my former shop is supposed to be the best around... well they proved that to be untrue.

I was thinking though, could swedespeed somehow set up a database for users to search that has reccomendations/ratings of volvo or volvo friendly mechanics/dealerships? Not only would it help people who are in a certain region, but also people who are traveling or planning to move to another part of the country. It could be simple, Name of place, phone, website/email, contact, type of service, and like a star rating (users can vote on things like quality of work, cost, convenience, and add comments). It might seem like lots of work, but I think it would be pretty cool and useful.

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
We have our directory, but it hasn't really taken off. I'm working, with our programmer, on making a basic listing free. That'd make it so even a customer could add their shop to the database. Still, a rating system is a great idea. I'll have to look into it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by jrocheunh:
hopefully i can find one, my former shop is supposed to be the best around... well they proved that to be untrue.

I was thinking though, could swedespeed somehow set up a database for users to search that has reccomendations/ratings of volvo or volvo friendly mechanics/dealerships? Not only would it help people who are in a certain region, but also people who are traveling or planning to move to another part of the country. It could be simple, Name of place, phone, website/email, contact, type of service, and like a star rating (users can vote on things like quality of work, cost, convenience, and add comments). It might seem like lots of work, but I think it would be pretty cool and useful.

try http://cartalk.cars.com/About/Garage/intro.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts