SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 S60 T5 M66 with 4c
793 Posts
Very few. There were never any official numbers released from Volvo.

I've seen maybe 5 or so on here or for sale in the past 10 years.

The non-R 4C system has all the limitations of the R's system but you only get comfort and sport, which in reality is almost the same. And the rear shocks are almost never in stock and expensive.

I'm removing the 4C shocks from my car and replacing with KW V2s after 140k miles, but keeping all the computers in tact as it's probably nearly impossible to remove the system.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
10-4. I was gonna call Volvo of NA and see if anyone could tell me..Someones gotta have a figure. Not that it matters much to anyone else but I've always wondered.

Thanks for the response!

·
Registered
2005 S60 T5 M66 with 4c
793 Posts
I believe John_V70 asked them in the past and did not get any info from them as it wasn't tracked that well (He raced Volvos in the past and has a Volvo Challenge S60 - And he's the one I purchased my car from). He was the one who originally provided the production numbers for the 2005-2007 S60 T5 M66 cars.

I would say probably a low percentage number of the total production numbers.
I don't have any of the options pricing lists for the T5, but given the cost of the 4C option was probably quite expensive, it probably made more sense to get an R instead of the fully optioned T5 M66...

Production Numbers for 2005-2007 S60 T5 M66 cars.

2005 S60 T5M: 72 -> 10% (7)
2006 S60 T5M: 79 -> 10% (8)
2007 S60 T5M: 60 -> 10% (6)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a follow up. I did call Volvo NA. Pretty much a dead end. Gal i talked to pretty much said, we would be the ones where the info comes from and we have no way of getting it. I asked if she knew of any other source I could call and she pretty much shot that down too.

I think we'll go with "These mf's be rare"

·
Registered
2005 S60 T5 M66 with 4c
793 Posts
are you gonna stick with your 4c system? My neighborhood roads are Brooklyn and NYC so they're TERRIBLE and not really tolerable anymore, even with 17s and 235/45s hence the switch to KWs for me.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm just gonna keep it on til it gives me a hassle. All i do is ride around in sport mode. The roads in NC arent that bad and i'm on the highway most of the time. If it ever does need them and i can find them i'll probably buy the 4c replacements. Company car ;).

If not, ill upgrade but don;t want to hassle with the warnings if its removed...Then again, can you program the 4c out of the system? Via Vida or aftermarket tuning?

·
Registered
2005 S60 T5 M66 with 4c
793 Posts
Not that I know of. It's just like trying to remove 4C from the Rs,except noone's ever even fiddled with the system on a T5 since there basically are none around.

I wanted to start a project to decode the signals from the accelerometers and shocks, and build a small rasberry pi system to intercept the accelerometer signal and change the shock output behavior, but never got around to it. I guess i'll see when I install the KWs if they're actually more comfortable because they'll definitely be better in every other way. Maybe make a servo driven system to automatically soften and firm up the suspension from the cabin.

For reference, My front shocks started leaking at 80k and were replaced by Volvo under their extended CPO. (NJ back roads for all 80k miles that aren't that bad) Now at 140k and they're about done (NYC/Brooklyn roads that are the worst). The rears are still original but are also about finished.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts