SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many speakers are in my 2006 S60R with the Hu-850?? Thanks for your responses!!! :D

·
Registered
2,418 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In my 2006 dealer brochure it says 13 for the sr and 11 with optional sub for vr with hu850

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I'm not home, I will later

·
Registered
2,697 Posts

6 in the front doors (woofers, mids, tweeters)
1 in the center (though technically two since there is also a tweeter but it's coaxial so apparently it counts as one)
2 in the rear doors (woofers)
4 in the parcel shelf (two woofers and two tweeters)

·
Registered
2,418 Posts

6 in the front doors (woofers, mids, tweeters)
1 in the center (though technically two since there is also a tweeter but it's coaxial so apparently it counts as one)
2 in the rear doors (woofers)
4 in the parcel shelf (two woofers and two tweeters)
So its actually 14, but the rear tweeters are built in the speakers just like the center so, its 11 speakers... But its really 14. The owners manual says 11

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
So its actually 14, but the rear tweeters are built in the speakers just like the center so, its 11 speakers... But its really 14. The owners manual says 11
Well if you shine a flashlight through the rear speakers, you can see the tweeters are mounted separately from the woofers off to the side. But yeah, could say 11 total in that case. :)

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Well if you shine a flashlight through the rear speakers, you can see the tweeters are mounted separately from the woofers off to the side. But yeah, could say 11 total in that case. :)
I was just going to do that actually, how come the owners manual says 11 then?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am going to take pics and send to Justin, the glossy dealer brochure from 2006 that I have for it says Premium package, S60R 13 speakers HU-850 and the V70R 11 speakers with optional subwoofer for its version of the HU-850.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts