SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 40 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Our records show that 391 passion red 2004 S60-R models were made for the U.S. market. Out of those, 158 were built with your vehicle's upholstery type.

That's for a 2004 PR/Gobi

Pretty cool to know there are only 157 other US PR/Gobi/Black Molding SRs around.
I have the same car 6-speed. Can you ask the transmission breakdown?

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Email VCNA and ask. I asked about my car, there are 6 s60's made in 05' that are Passion Red with Atacama and a manual tranny
What's the email addy? Now you have me curious about the 2007 numbers.

...just noticed this:
Volvo Customer Care
1-800-458-1552 x 1931
[email protected]

Is this where you've emailed?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
What's the email addy? Now you have me curious about the 2007 numbers.

...just noticed this:
Volvo Customer Care
1-800-458-1552 x 1931
[email protected]

Is this where you've emailed?
That's for Canada. Or at least I got an email back saying it was.

This is for North America. [email protected]

I got a response within 30 minutes I believe, and will have more information tomorrow.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Forget SRs what about VRs - THAT's rarer!

Actually, we should collate this data somewhere so we don't continually pester VCNA...

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Forget SRs what about VRs - THAT's rarer!

Actually, we should collate this data somewhere so we don't continually pester VCNA...
I was going to suggest that to them. Some system where a Volvo owner can put in their car and see details on how many were made and where they got shipped to.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
That's for Canada. Or at least I got an email back saying it was.

This is for North America. [email protected]

I got a response within 30 minutes I believe, and will have more information tomorrow.
Hate to be a pest. But what exactly did you ask them for? I hate reinventing wheels.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Pretty cool to know there are only 157 other US PR/Gobi/Black Molding SRs around.
Probably not "around" with cars maybe being totaled it is probably less. I doubt all 157 have survived.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Hate to be a pest. But what exactly did you ask them for? I hate reinventing wheels.
I felt like I was doing the same when I emailed them, being that they probably have gotten multiple emails about the same topic. This is what I asked,

Hello, I am contacting you guys today about my 2006 Volvo S60 R. I am wondering how many 2006 S60 R's with the combo Magic Blue exterior, Gobi interior, and 6 speed manual transmission were imported into the North America. Also if you could find out the date the car was built, and possibly what one out of how ever many were built it is. Like 10 of 100, or so on. I am the second owner, so I have little information on the car and would like to get some answers to the above questions as I am a enthusiast of this specific car. The VIN for my car is (insert vin) if that is any help. Thank you very much and I hope to hear a response! Sincerely, Ryan LaMark

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
I sent them an email about my 04... I'm going to attempt to build a database of the info we're receiving.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Our records show that 391 passion red 2004 S60-R models were made for the U.S. market. Out of those, 158 were built with your vehicle's upholstery type.

That's for a 2004 PR/Gobi

But how many of them were manual PR/Gobi??

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Chart template built!! Keep giving me info!! I'll get this shared (will talk to the moderator to make a sticky in either "important threads" or "modification repair index" or whatever the MOD feels it belongs and will be modified accordingly)

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Just got this from VCNA...apparently...every single 2004 PR/Gobi was a manual? I don't see how that's possible...but that's what they say. 158 of them.
All you'd need to find is one exception. Time to start investigating. :)

·
Registered
588 Posts
I asked the guy if there is a way to just get an overall breakdown of Rs by year, that way we don't keep having to pest them.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Response Via Email (Jan) 09/20/2012 09:36 AM

I am unable to give you sales information but can tell you that 1239 2007 S60 R and 354 V70 R were produced.

Ok - that means there are (a lot) more '07 Ferraris driving around than my VR and, since mine has a March '07 production date, it's one of the last... (sniff).

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Chart template built!! Keep giving me info!! I'll get this shared (will talk to the moderator to make a sticky in either "important threads" or "modification repair index" or whatever the MOD feels it belongs and will be modified accordingly)
I will report back on the information I receive.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Graph is done, just need some more answers. I remember there was a thread about this a while ago, will do some searching to try to fill some blanks in my spreadsheet. Hope to share it soon.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
21 - 40 of 124 Posts