SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Did you order Dealer Stock or purchase Made to Order?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As stated in the title. Did you walk into the dealership and ask for an XC90 and have the dealer match it up as close as possible or did you order exactly what you wanted and waited for it?

·
Registered
478 Posts
If you want a T8, which I did, you pretty much have to have it custom built. At least there's not really a time penalty for doing so. I'm sure that there are rare cases that someone cancelled their order and you could get the cancelled order sooner..

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I should have been more specific, I meant the of the vehicles that are on the road.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I drive past the local dealership, I rarely see an XC90 last a week on the lot. They seem to have quite a few to choose from.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I bought a fully loaded Inscription demo with 2k miles, so it was perfect for me and my wife cause that's what we would have wanted anyways. I could have done without the HUD but other than that it's perfect. We got a $2k discount so it was even more of ideal situation because of the price.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Made to order and via the OSD program!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I walked in and matched what was coming in for allotment. From what I have been reading, that was a smart choice as orders are pushed back 4 months+. They managed to reconfigure an allotment to exactly what I needed. The only thing they could not change was color.

Best
M

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
673 Posts
MY XC90 was a cancelled order made by someone else. I still had to wait several months for it, so I'm not sure if that counts as a dealer stock or not. I voted for "made to order".

·
Registered
74 Posts
We went in thinking about OSD but it was dependent on the trade-in. They matched pretty close what we wanted on the lot and gave us $3300 over my other best trade-in offer and then the 1000 loyalty if we bought the car that was in stock. Couldn't pass it up. The other dealer who could not match said that at the time (Oct) Volvo was giving the dealers an extra $1000 for each stock car sold.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Mine will be made to order unless by miracle I find exactly the same one!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts