SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took delivery of my 2004 V70R 12 years ago with 7 miles on the clock. It is now 12 years and 175K miles later and we are still going strong. My questions are:

How many original owners are still here?
How many miles do you have?
Anyone planning to go for 25yrs and antique plates? (Our current goal).

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
OO here. Ordered 6MT TiGrey/Nordkap in early Jan 2006; dealer dropped the ball- lost the order on their buyer's desk for three weeks- so I told them to find something comparable. While they were looking, I tracked down a loaded VR in PA that some guy ordered for his wife; he could not keep it as she would not drive a stick. With good timing, I called the day after she told him no, and my dealer swapped an XC90 for my VR. So, I received a car loaded with options I had not requested for the same price as what I had originally ordered. Picked up Jan 31. Very lucky! [Thank you, Yannis!]

I'm planning a new car this year, but will keep my VR for a longlong time as there is nothing that comes close.
It is impossible to find an AWD manual wagon in the states.
207kmiles

·
Registered
13,497 Posts
I have been here since the R came to the US but am on my second one (went from an SR to a VR) so that doesn't count.

Congrats to you guys who have held and cared for your cars this long!

I think there are several original owners out there, not sure how often they check in though.

·
Registered
328 Posts
11 years, 8 months (as of today) since I brought Pelle home from the dealer. 138K miles. Everything still working great. Currently on the 3rd set of winter and 6th set of summer tires.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Still here, 92k miles. Picked up mine May of 2004, still going strong. Will keep it until it stops running, love this car.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Ordered the VR in May 2005 and had to wait until after the summer holiday shutdown, then plant retool for the new model year. Was finally delivered to the dealer in October 2005.

Currently have 107,000 miles on it and I drive maybe 5,000 mile a year so hopefully it will be with me for a long, long time to come. As Lightspeed said, an AWD manual wagon is a rarity.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Picked mine up in Sweden, SEP 04 and it is still going strong with 119K. No regrets at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Unfortunately I wasn't, but so cool seeing this as I occasionally check old threads and archives to see how everything was back in the day :)

Subscribed for updates!

·
Registered
31 Posts
v70R, ordered in October 2003, took delivery 12/22/2003. Now with 240k + miles. I attribute its longevity to never having removed the much maligned EBD. I figure it holds the car together.

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
v70R, ordered in October 2003, took delivery 12/22/2003. Now with 240k + miles. I attribute its longevity to never having removed the much maligned EBD. I figure it holds the car together.
HAHA! What if years down the line it's determined that this was the fatal flaw...removing the critical EBD completely ruins the caRs reliability.

If this is the case, I've got one stored in my garage ready to sell for top dollar! ;)

·
Registered
758 Posts
I took delivery of my VR in June 2004 in Sweden and drove all of its 258k miles. I have no plan to replace it and will keep using it every day. I learned how to fix it myself and will replace anything as needed.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Flew down to San Antonio, in December of 2003, to pick up my 2004 V70R and then drove it back up to PA. Has 80K on the clock and still going strong.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Picked up mine in August of 2003 and now have 53K miles on it.
I know, I know... I need to drive it more :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
DarekP and I have similar driving habits! I'm the Orig owner of my 2004 (European delivery program) V70R Grey Nordkap manual. 54K on the Odometer. Mostly city driving around San Fran area. Garage stored so it still looks new! Awesome ride that recently cost me a fortune! New clutch, manifold, right strut and timing belt.

·
Registered
35 Posts
260K, euro delivery, original owner of a 2005 V70R 6MT here. Probably in for the duration, given some thought to eventual engine replacement - its smoking through the exhaust at idle but still a good driver. I can't see anything else in the market that I'd want more although the new Giulia Quadrafoglio is tempting and the E63 AMG wagon was....until I saw the sticker.

·
Registered
958 Posts
O/O here also. My first R was a 2004 V70R that was used when I had it shipped to CA from FL in 2005. Drove it about 12-18 months and then fell in love with Pete's 2006 Sonacoma V70R. I started looking for one of those and found one up north in the Bay area. They wanted stupid $$$ for it so I passed. I guess the car sat on their lot for a year and I was finally able to buy it at a great model year end close out price.
So I have had her since April 2006. Has been the best VR I have owned out of 4. Over the years I just have tried to stay ahead of any maintenance needs and for the most part, the car has been very reliable and has never stranded me. Major repairs I remember doing were a new radiator at about 40k, a new driver door panel, as my inside door handle broke (cheap plastic parts) at about 70k, a new ac evaporator at 80k, a angle and collar gear at about 110k and just recently a new wire harness and latch for the rear hatch.

Lots of wear items too, but that is to be expected with any car. Sitting at about 153k now and hoping to get up into the 200k range like my first VR, so maybe 5-8 years as my daily driver before I retire her to pasture. I really doubt I will ever sell her, as at that point she will be worth a few thousand to someone else and a lot more to me. I really do love this caR.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts