SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all -

Planning out my replacement of O2 sensors on my XC90 (~147K miles), and searching for parts online, I only see references to Front and Rear sensors. Are there only two sensors on this engine? I know the T6 has three (two fronts and 1 rear).

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,307 Posts
Hi all -

Planning out my replacement of O2 sensors on my XC90 (~147K miles), and searching for parts online, I only see references to Front and Rear sensors. Are there only two sensors on this engine? I know the T6 has three (two fronts and 1 rear).

Thanks!
The 2.5T has two.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
the one that goes on the downpipe, after the turbo is the air fuel sensor and the rear is oxygen sensor. So yes the 2.5T has 2.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Just did mine. Instead of OEM (rebranded Bosch), I used Bosch, was MUCH cheaper. Believe it's part number 17137 for the front A/F, 16682 for the rear O2. I disconnected the joint from the downpipe to exhaust which made getting to the rear sensor easier and installed a new gasket (8672278) and new nuts (985921) for the exhaust. PB Blaster and a special O2 sensor wrench makes it go lots faster (anti seize is on the new sensor threads so you won't need this but don't be surprised if getting the old ones out are a bear, especially the rear!). I don't want to get ahead of myself but engine sure seems to run smoother and I get around 20% increase in mileage (as based from onboard "average mpg"). Nothing quantitative but it seems to make a difference.

**Correction: Rear sensor part number 16682 is for 2005 2.5t . No sure of 2004 rear sensor part number, might be 16488 ? **

1 - 4 of 4 Posts