SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made it to about 3,600 miles before I got a little fender-bender on my 2012 S60. I had a little swipe at my rear bumper cover on the passenger side by some car. Apparently someone couldn't navigate by my car in an open parking spot next to mine and had to swipe their car into my bumper. :mad: The damage constituted several scrapes in the paint, a very small gouge in the bumper cover. The "clips" to hold the bumper cover to the car were not damaged so the cover can be repaired/repainted to new condition with relative ease.

My car is in the shop for a cosmetic spa treatment and will emerge in as good of condition, or better, than it was when it was delivered from the dealership. It is irritating when some people take no consideration of other peoples cars when driving their POS cars or these drivers think they are the only drivers on the road/parking lot. That is just a theory of what happened to my car.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
I made it to about 3,600 miles before I got a little fender-bender on my 2012 S60. I had a little swipe at my rear bumper cover on the passenger side by some car. Apparently someone couldn't navigate by my car in an open parking spot next to mine and had to swipe their car into my bumper. :mad: The damage constituted several scrapes in the paint, a very small gouge in the bumper cover. The "clips" to hold the bumper cover to the car were not damaged so the cover can be repaired/repainted to new condition with relative ease.

My car is in the shop for a cosmetic spa treatment and will emerge in as good of condition, or better, than it was when it was delivered from the dealership. It is irritating when some people take no consideration of other peoples cars when driving their POS cars or these drivers think they are the only drivers on the road/parking lot. That is just a theory of what happened to my car.
Yep....very annoying. I tend to park as far away from other cars as possible......

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
I wish the BLIS cameras would turn into security cameras when you parked the car. <_<

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep....very annoying. I tend to park as far away from other cars as possible......
Greg, I try to do that. However, that doesn't stop people from parking next to you. Park and take two spaces and run the risk of getting the car keyed. Can't win for losing.

I wish the BLIS cameras would turn into security cameras when you parked the car. <_<
Matt, no doubt! That would have been terrific since my BLIS camera was pointing in the right direction. On second thought, the mirrors were retracted so no go there.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Greg, I try to do that. However, that doesn't stop people from parking next to you. Park and take two spaces and run the risk of getting the car keyed. Can't win for losing.
Matt, no doubt! That would have been terrific since my BLIS camera was pointing in the right direction. On second thought, the mirrors were retracted so no go there.
Sorry to hear about it... It happened to me as well, 2months in after I got my S60... It was in my building's underground parking and I knew who did it - when I confronted him he said "I have been living here for 30 years, if you don't like the way I park, find another parking spot". I had since moved, but haven't had the time to get any payback. Police said they could do nothing.
Repair cost $2k :(

Fu%^er

Btw, the BLIS does not retract when the mirrors are retracted...so I could actually be used as a surveillance camera. If only Volvo had a mindset more "out of the box' :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Move your car. Wait a couple of months, and key his car. If he doesn't like the way you walk by his car (albeit with a key), he can find a new parking space :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Btw, the BLIS does not retract when the mirrors are retracted...so I could actually be used as a surveillance camera. If only Volvo had a mindset more "out of the box' :)
You're right, the camera does not move. Nice to know. Now for the surveillance camera!!!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Sorry to hear about it... It happened to me as well, 2months in after I got my S60... It was in my building's underground parking and I knew who did it - when I confronted him he said "I have been living here for 30 years, if you don't like the way I park, find another parking spot". I had since moved, but haven't had the time to get any payback. Police said they could do nothing.
Repair cost $2k

Fu%^er
What an A$$.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Move your car. Wait a couple of months, and key his car. If he doesn't like the way you walk by his car (albeit with a key), he can find a new parking space :)
Hehe, I have since moved out of the building completely, thus lost access to the underground garage :| But who knows...maybe someday I'll pay him a visit :)

What an A$$.
Yup ... What was even more annoying is that he had already scratched the paint on my rear door, so in order to protect my car, I just put an old T-Shirt on the driver door that was held in place by whiteboard magnets. I thought that at least he could open his door and touch the car without doing any damage...
I was wrong - He managed to slam his door on mine so hard, that it dented my door and scratched it even with the tshirt on it. Put that with his reply, and you see what kind of person that ahole is.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I've actually seen people hang styrofoam boards on their car doors.. You should try that. Lol.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I made it to about 1500 miles when my right front fender got crunched while I was parked at a CT rest stop for 5 minutes. No note, of course. I was not happy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
"Run the risk of getting keyed" for taking up two spaces? Where do you park that someone would be that uncivilized?
You can put the entire state of California into that category. I work in Class A office space in the suburbs, and there are multiple cars in the lot with scars from being keyed. I think the reason for all the door dings, etc. is that they keep making parking spaces more and more narrow so they can cram more cars into the lot. Every time they've restriped our parking lot they've added spaces.

To deal with this, I park in a secluded corner of the lot farthest from the building (surrounded by other car owners who have a similar appreciation for their cars; ironically, now I'm thinking about it, all are European imports!).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Repair cost $2k :(

Fu%^er

If the police will not act on your behalve, you can try in civil court

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"Run the risk of getting keyed" for taking up two spaces? Where do you park that someone would be that uncivilized?
I live in Northern Colorado (Fort Collins) and it is a college town. Most of the people are alright but there are people (both older/established people and college students) that are jealous of what some people have. I work very hard and save money. I ask nothing of anyone and am not indebted to anyone either. However, these jealous people do not recognize that I bust my butt to make a living. They are jealous because they cannot afford a nice new car and have to resort driving a $1,500 POS that is rusting/damaged/in a state of disrepair. While I can understand the college students, the older people ..... unbelievable. In either case, keying a car is never acceptable.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got my S60 back from the auto shop yesterday and they did a terrific job in buffing out the scratches out of the bumper cover. There is no distortion and the paint is a spot on match (as it should be for a new car). It looks as if the accident never happened. Now knocking on wood to ward off any evil car accident spirits away from my S60.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Got my S60 back from the auto shop yesterday and they did a terrific job in buffing out the scratches out of the bumper cover. There is no distortion and the paint is a spot on match (as it should be for a new car). It looks as if the accident never happened. Now knocking on wood to ward off any evil car accident spirits away from my S60.
Glad to hear that.

Mine had around 9,400 when I got rear ended about a month ago. Damage was much worse than what it looked like. It has been in the shop for about two weeks as the shop is still dealing with the insurance company. I hope to have it back by next week.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts

In Paris during our OSD trip, some idiot MB driver with park assist had to use my front bumper to determine when to stop while parking on the street (I couldn't find the parking garage near the Eiffel Tower). The front bolts dug into his bumper more than his bumper scuffed/rubbed the paint on mine.

I seriously wanted to smash his rear windshield. I refrained.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I live in Northern Colorado (Fort Collins) and it is a college town. Most of the people are alright but there are people (both older/established people and college students) that are jealous of what some people have. I work very hard and save money. I ask nothing of anyone and am not indebted to anyone either. However, these jealous people do not recognize that I bust my butt to make a living. They are jealous because they cannot afford a nice new car and have to resort driving a $1,500 POS that is rusting/damaged/in a state of disrepair. While I can understand the college students, the older people ..... unbelievable. In either case, keying a car is never acceptable.
While I don't condone ever keying someone's car, I do find it annoying when someone takes two parking spaces so that they can protect their car. I don't have an issue with this in a wide-open parking lot with plenty of space, but when the lot is almost full, it's extremely rude to take more than one space.

Expensive car or not, one is not entitled to two parking spots.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
While I don't condone ever keying someone's car, I do find it annoying when someone takes two parking spaces so that they can protect their car. I don't have an issue with this in a wide-open parking lot with plenty of space, but when the lot is almost full, it's extremely rude to take more than one space.

Expensive car or not, one is not entitled to two parking spots.
I am of the same mindset.........take two at the end of the lot!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts