SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys!

There was one thing I found missing when going through this forum, Was reliability thread on how many miles/KM you've done on your car and what problems you've had. I'll start off with mine.

Model: S60 T6 R-design with Polestar tune
Year: 2013
Miles/KM: 34,800miles/56000kms
Problems: nothing, none

Please fill below... Thanks guys

Model:
Year:
Miles/KM:
Problems:

·
Registered
15 Posts
2013 S60 T AWD with 49000 miles in about 18 months. Only problem was the rear headrest release button stopped functioning, which was fixed immediately by Volvo under warranty.

·
Registered
627 Posts
2014 S60 with 5,500 miles so far. Zero issues. We don't drive this one much as my wife is still using her Saab to commute to work and I drive my Saab wagon almost exclusively. Only driving the new Volvo to keep the battery up and on long trips.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
2011 S60 T6. 37,500 miles. One problem: Turbo oil line leaking oil (crush washer replaced
under warranty). Edit: The air guide (under the engine) was also replaced since it was fairly soaked
in oil.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
2012 T5
38,370 miles

At 17K miles about 2 years ago belt was making a faint noise when car was cold. Belt changed and pulley adjusted under warranty. Noise might be coming back now.
Changed the horn in December. It was sounding weak in cold weather. Also under warranty.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
2013 T5 AWD

49,000 miles in 21 momths.

2 issues: fuel pump that wouldnt hold pressure when car was off, and warped front brake rotors that were "defective". Both fixed under warranty.

50k service is tomorrow, and the only issue to report is an odd noise in the front suspension. Its been there since Day 1, and we have heard it in loaners, but it seems to be more frequent now, although it could be "warranty running out quickly paranoia".

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Model: S60 T5
Year: 2012, picked up 4/11/2012 in Gothenburg
Miles/KM: 50,000 Miles as of 4/10/2015
Problems:
* Only one that was significant -- failure of rear ebrake motor in the "on" position. Car had to be towed. Covered under S&S.
* I've had the rotors replaced when in for routine service -- they noticed, not me.
* The steering wheel chrome was replaced under the "sharp edge" program (although my edge wasn't *sharp*)
* I put new tires on before Fall 2014. They had a few miles of tread left but I don't like going into winter with "OK" tread.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Model: V60 T6 R-design with Polestar tune
Year: 2015
Miles/KM: 22,000 miles
Problems:
1) Sticking passenger mirror lowering mech x2 (dealer lubed internals)
2) Shudder in rear drive (dealer installed shim)
3) Uneven tire wear (dealer alignment at 20K miles)

Model: S60 T6 R-design with Polestar tune
Year: 2015
Miles/KM: 13,000 miles
Problems:
1) Sticking passenger mirror lowering mech (dealer lubed internals)
2) Shudder in rear drive (dealer installed shim)
3) Clicking noise in left front suspension, possibly control arm bushings? (dealer service pending)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Model: S60 T6
Year: 2011
Miles/KM: 87xxx miles
Problems:
1) Metal steering wheel trim cutting hands (paid to replace)
2) Roof brace (?) now starting to creak over bumps. Was slight at first, now something (right behind the sunroof) sounds completely loose
3) Left rear inside brake pad completely worn out and digging into rotor (replaced both rear rotors and all pads)
4) Intermittent hood open warning (sensor replaced once, now it comes and goes)

Over all a good car, wife still loves it so we'll keep it going..

·
Registered
917 Posts
2012 S60 T5

46K miles

Suspension "creaking" during turns - fixed under warranty

Front brake rotors warped at about 25K. Removed and replaced rotors and brakes under warranty

·
Registered
59 Posts
Model S60 T5
Year: 2015.5
Miles: 13,434

Problems: No real problems. Love the car. Came from a 2004.5 S40 with 200,000+ miles. Appears I only by cars when there are 0.5 model years.

·
Registered
9 Posts
2013 S60 T5 AWD

20,700 miles in about 20 months

No major issues. Love the car!!!

@20k Service had the software control module downloaded to address the hard shifting @ 40 mph – it’s smoother and I get better gas mileage now

·
Registered
187 Posts
Picked up my new MY 2015 Volvo V60 R-Design on July 28. 2014 ... covered 40,000km (about 25k Miles) with her already ... no issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
203 Posts
2011 Volvo S60 D5 AWD.

Covered 100,000 km / 62,000 miles since October 2010.

No real problems to speak of. There were some quirks with Sensus but those were cured by the 3.0 update. At the last service I noticed one of the bushings seem to be on its way out but that's no big deal.

Overall I've been very happy with this car. Would like to order a new S60 R-Design but thanks to total absence of petrol AWD variants it continues to be just a dream.

·
Registered
293 Posts
97800 miles - purchased 05/2011.

Front rotors replaced around 40K - will be replacing them again this weekend due to warpage.

Constant buzzing/rattling sound from exhaust when car idles around 800 RPM or is in gear with brakes on. Volvo replaced engine braces, but it didn't solve the issue.

Alignment issue early on - just realigned a couple weeks ago.

Creaking driver front door by window frame, especially in winter. Seems it was a seal/door latch issue.

Front logo blue background peeled off - installed new logo (just received a note about Volvo covering it - plan on getting reimbursed for this).

Front speaker door panels rattling due to low bass (don't get me started about a lack of subwoofer in this car).

Beechwood leather seat outside bolster wear - had both front seats replaced once, starting to show signs of wear again.

Incessant a/c compressor noise that is most prevalent between 50-70 degrees outside temp.

Still an excellent car though!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have 48,000 km in just over a year. No problems at all except for three flat tires, all on the rear, I now have the spare tire kit. Great car and very fun to drive. I have the IPD rear sway bar installed and have changed tires to Nokian WR (I have these tires on all four vehicles) and they are great.

Only real complaint is the Nav system not having a clue how to get places. Everything else works fine.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Model: 2014 S60 T5 Premier
Bought: 12/2014
Miles: 13,300, had 2900 when I got it.
Problems: Needed Sirius module replaced, was causing entire Sensus system to not function at times (warranty repair). Fortunately the dealer was able to recreate the problem. No other issues at this time!

·
Registered
2019 S60 R Design, Fusion Red, Fully Loaded
504 Posts
Model: S60 R Design/Platinum
Year: 2013
Miles/KM: 18,000 km
Problems: None to date

Couldn't be happier, debating the digital display update when it comes to fruition.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts