SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given how there are a few people on the original XC90 forum with 200k+ on their rides, it got me wondering: for how long do you plan on keeping your XC90? From what I've seen, most people here appear to be buying rather than leasing, which suggests at least some are in it for the long haul...

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm in it for the long haul. I found a customer return with CPO 7 yr / 100K warranty and I plan on using every last of it.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I've got somewhere around the 250K range on my 1992 740 wagon, and I plan on driving my XC90 T8 as long as I can, as well.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Will be a 3 year lease when we get our T8. Kind of tired of keeping our cars as long as we have been lol Our last car (cargo van for work) we had for almost 16 years! Our X5 is almost 14 years old. Time for change :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
Right when the lease is up in 3 years! I absolutely love this car but really don't want to have anything to do with it out of warranty, probably just trade it in for a new one then.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
100-120k, I'm shooting for 10 years but 9 is more realistic. :beer:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have 150K on my '04 xc90, with a new one ordered for May osd delivery. Had volvo not come out with the new, groovy updated version I'd keep driving the old one until it goes kaput. Still runs fine, I'm diligent with all the scheduled service checks.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm thinking of 250k 15 years like my previous car, but my wife is thinking 4 years because the XC90 is too big (but only phev suv on the market)

·
Registered
2021 Inscription Recharge - 2021 Silverado LTZ 6.2L
1,739 Posts
10 years, 100k.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Right when the lease is up in 3 years! I absolutely love this car but really don't want to have anything to do with it out of warranty, probably just trade it in for a new one then.
Smart!

You don't want to own these cars out of warranty ... including BMW's, M-B's, Audi's, Acura's, etc etc. They will bankrupt you ...

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
200k..... :)

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
I have 150K on my '04 xc90, with a new one ordered for May osd delivery. Had volvo not come out with the new, groovy updated version I'd keep driving the old one until it goes kaput. Still runs fine, I'm diligent with all the scheduled service checks.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
PM me with your delivery date in May! Maybe we can meet up!!!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Last three cars have been through the OSD program - so may keep the new 2016 XC90 T8 for a while ... or in a few years if it has good residual value, may choose to do another OSD.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm planning 10+ years

·
Registered
42 Posts
Given how there are a few people on the original XC90 forum with 200k+ on their rides, it got me wondering: for how long do you plan on keeping your XC90? From what I've seen, most people here appear to be buying rather than leasing, which suggests at least some are in it for the long haul...
Interesting question!

I have never leased a car. My current 2008 BMW has 94k miles on it, and I got rid of my last one at around the same number of miles.

But here's my question -- with *technology* changing so rapidly nowadays, does it make it more difficult to keep a car for many years? For example, won't CarPlay seem archaic in a few years? My husband's car is 12 years old...no Bluetooth, no nav system, no way to usefully attach his iPod. So while the car runs just fine, it's the tech that's really the huge bummer.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts