SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In light of the other thread where a user asked for people on the forum with > 90k on their XC60s and got zero responses, I got to wondering: for how many miles do you plan on keeping your XC60? I remember when I used to surf the Audi forums that pretty much no one hung onto A6s past around 120k...

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
My wife plans to keep hers until it becomes a problem and drives it into the ground.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Keep it until it costs more to drive than a new car. My xc meets all my needs and I don't see them changing for the life of this car. Hopefully...

·
Registered
87 Posts
I don't plan on keeping mine after the warranty expires. That's a long way off, though.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Driving it to the ground or until I can't justify keeping it.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Since it is my wife's it is up to her and she says two more years. The problem might be that she is smitten by the new XC90. I hope I can hold her off for awhile.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Most likely getting rid of it after the lease is up so about 36,000 miles; not because we don't love the car or have had any major issues, but because my wife really wanted the new XC90. There wasn't much stock at dealers at the time of purchase, no good deals with it being new and all, so we opt'd to just lease the XC60 that was well-equipped and hold off a few more years for the hype to die down a bit. My V60RD on the other hand is in it for the long haul, so fingers crossed!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'll keep my XC60 until the warranty expires and the S60 until the lease expires.

I want the most current car. I want the latest in safety, tech, efficiency, power, and style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Plan to keep until it costs more to maintain than it is worth. There will always be something newer, greater, better ... can't fall into that trap, it'd drive me mental. Enjoying every mile I get to drive it.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I've put 20k miles on it in 6 months.

I assume that I will keep it until it becomes untenable to maintain or the new XC60 comes out and tempts me away.

How many miles that is remains to be seen.

I'm not afraid of high miles on a vehicle...

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
my grandson declared he will take it when he starts driving. He's 6.

·
Registered
92 Posts
my grandson declared he will take it when he starts driving. He's 6.
Ha - yes, it's hard to think that our cars will become the kids beater car when they grow up. At least, that's what I tell them when they're detailing the rims on it. :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
I bought it special order with everything I want, so I'd like to see several hundred k's on it. If we get a second car, it will be a lease. But this one I will keep as long as I can.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Pretty much until the wheels fall off or the motor grenades. Sometimes I think the latter isn't too far off when I hear the compressor screaming at me...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Generally hold onto my last few volvos through between 90k and 100k miles. I find around that point the cost to maintain is not worth it. Generally up until that point I have had no issues. Keep in mind - I drive my cars pretty hard. Especially the s60r and the rdesign we have now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
253 Posts
I usually keep my cars for about 75k miles since I use them for business & drive a lot. Just turning 30k miles & vehicle is 12 months old.
Trade in value takes a big hit if I keep them for 90-100k, although I think the car is certainly capable of accumulating that mileage without major maintenance issues.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
27 more miles after my wife decides she wants a new one. (That's how far the Volvo dealer is from our house;-)

·
Registered
333 Posts
I've had mine for more than four years and it is about to pass 150.000km soon. Works great. Will probably keep it for a few more years, just bought a brand new V40CC, that'll keep me calm for a while :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
It'll be a cost decision. Or, maybe a teen driver hand-me-down decision in a few years. At about 86k now...

·
Registered
397 Posts
My 2013 XC60 T6 currently has 46K; my plan is to pay it off and keep it for a few years beyond that so I can dump more money into down payment on a bigger house. The ongoing electrical problems and the overall poor visibility have me second-guessing that plan. If my plan does work out, I figure it'll turn ~150K around the time I'm moving into a bigger place. At that point, I want to get myself a little more fun to complement the XC in the garage (perhaps a Cadillac ATS?). The XC will then be 6-7 years so it'll be perfect to haul furniture and make Home Depot runs for a few years. I just hope the XC remains reliable enough to see my plan through.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts