SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,544 Posts
Re: how many miles do you get per tank? (p0cket penguins)

I've averaged around 250mile I think. But it really varies based on driving style and I have not been light-footed.

To accurately gauge my R's fuel economy I've been tracking fuel used and distance traveled in an Excel spreadsheet. Here's my summary so far (since I got it April 1st):

Total fuel 472.720L (sunoco 94), total cost $305.99, total distance 2721Km, average fuel consumption 17.373L/100Km (13.6USmpg). That's pretty bad and I don't expect it to get much better since I don't drive easy too often. (My wife's XC90 is worse!)

From fill-up to fill-up my R has been as good at 15L/100Km (15.68USmpg) and as poor as 20L/100Km (11.76USmpg).

Those bad numbers come from late night test-and-tune 1/4mile and 0-60 runs and the better numbers of course come from highway driving.

If I set cruise at 120Km/h I've seen the trip computer show 10L/100Km (23.5USmpg).

See if you can track your consumption over a few fill-ups to get some good avrages to share in this thread.

ps. I run my PS2's at 38psi

LTA

· Registered
2,544 Posts
Re: (Cementups)

Quote, originally posted by Cementups »
I usually get between 300 and 350 mpt. If jsut highway, it is in the 400's

Obviously your are NOT flooring it enough, for shame, FOR SHAME!

Get out there now and burn some rubber and report back in one week.

LTA

· Registered
2,544 Posts
Re: (phuz)

Quote, originally posted by phuz »

Actually, its quite the opposite in this situation. When you are decelerating while in a gear, as long as the throttle is at 0%, the ecu stops injecting fuel. However, if you throw it in neutral and coast to a stop, it must inject fuel to sustain the idle rpms.

...or so i have witnessed in other fuel injection systems
That's interesting, I never thought that zero fuel was used when decelerating in gear. Is that really a fact?

Other then when at a stop, I'm always in gear, up and down and I keep the rev's high (hence my terrible but FUN fuel economy).

LTA

· Registered
2,544 Posts
Re: (phuz)

Quote, originally posted by phuz »
when i was running a Motec M4 system on my saab, i ran it piggybacked at first, letting the factory ECU control the ignition and fuel; while datalogging i noticed that during deceleration, the fuel pulse width went to 0.00ms, and this can be backed up by the air/fuel gauge which is completely "pegged" in the LEAN section.

Like I said, this was when I noticed it; it may not be the case for Volvos

But logically, there is no need to be spraying fuel at closed throttle on deceleration..

Interesting and logical observation phuz. The volvo trip computer also shows ----- fuel consumtption when decelerating. I know it's a calculation and not an actual measurement but another clue that you use little of zero gas. Maybe if it's really hot there will still be some fuel dump to keep things cool. OBD-2 scantools can show short and longterm fuel trim which will be another indication/education in what's going on. My OBD-2 tool won't work on MY06, I need to get a CAN tool SOON!

LTA

· Registered
2,544 Posts
Re: (Mash)

Quote, originally posted by Mash »
I just got my stage 2 upgraded ecu from IPD. All I can say is that with the pedal to the metal I just got 165 miles on a full tank . That my friends is 10mpg. But ohhhhhhh what fun! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

Att'a boy, that's a 'problem' to be envious of http://********************/smile/emthup.gif http://********************/smile/emthup.gif
...If you want to play, you got'a pay!

LTA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.