SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the car I'm potentially going to buy came to the dealer and I got to inspect it. The only thing that seemed out of place was that it has 20 miles on it. I inquired about this and they said that they needed to test the car to make sure it was okay before they give it to a customer. They said they run it a bit at the factory, and then around the dealer to test.

Anyone know if this is accurate? Obviously there are different standards country by country.

I might actually contact the Director of Volvo Thailand, I met her at an auto show recently.

Thanks in advance for any feedback

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am unsure if that is accurate or normal, but my car came with 36 miles on it. It was not an order but off the showroom floor.

·
Registered
341 Posts
We used to put about 5-10 additional miles on jeeps during the pdi. Keep in mind that cars get a few miles during shipping when they're shuttled around.

Are you concerned that the car was damaged?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Our first '13 came with 40, our second one came with 93, though 50 miles were it being driven from one dealer to the one we were buying it at. Yours is normal.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We used to put about 5-10 additional miles on jeeps during the pdi. Keep in mind that cars get a few miles during shipping when they're shuttled around.

Are you concerned that the car was damaged?
Not thinking about damage, concerned that it was used for demonstration. Thailand only got 32 V60 T5 for the entire year, arrived in October. This is the last one. They had a demonstration V60 T5 on the lot, had about 50 miles on it. I don't think the dealer would mislead me, I have expressed my concerns to them, and they seem pretty sincere to do the right thing and turn me into a Volvo fan. But you never know so I wanted to see what all of you thought or experienced. Dlipp's had a few miles on it, I'm not overly concerned really... but it never hurts to ask and and I appreciate the feedback.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Our first '13 came with 40, our second one came with 93, though 50 miles were it being driven from one dealer to the one we were buying it at. Yours is normal.
Great to hear that.. I would rather that they test the car before the deliver it. I picked up a Honda CR-V out here 5 years ago and I will never forget the experience. It had no miles, NO GAS, and they sent me on my way. So I'm riding home on fumes from the dealer, cannot find a gas station, pretty stressed and annoyed, and figure out the car doesn't drive straight. It was so bad, that Honda had the car 4 different times over 2 months and eventually gave me a new car after trying to blame it on the roads, "Thailand roads aren't flat" lol Which didn't explain why the loaner CR-V drove straight.

So ride a few miles, check out the car, delivery to me with some gas pls :D

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
I picked mine up at the factory with 8 miles. I'd have to go through my notes to see how many miles it picked up between the time I dropped it back off and when I got it at the dealer. I know there were a few... Factory parking lot->truck->boat->customs->truck->dealer prep->parking lot. There may have been other parking lot movements along the way.

50 probably includes some demo driving.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Great to hear that.. I would rather that they test the car before the deliver it. I picked up a Honda CR-V out here 5 years ago and I will never forget the experience. It had no miles, NO GAS, and they sent me on my way. So I'm riding home on fumes from the dealer, cannot find a gas station, pretty stressed and annoyed, and figure out the car doesn't drive straight. It was so bad, that Honda had the car 4 different times over 2 months and eventually gave me a new car after trying to blame it on the roads, "Thailand roads aren't flat" lol Which didn't explain why the loaner CR-V drove straight.

So ride a few miles, check out the car, delivery to me with some gas pls :D
20 sounds about right for a car that wasnt on the lot very long. Both of ours sat on the lot for nearly a year, so it had a few more miles, possibly test drives.

·
Registered
20 Posts
A little late to the thread, but my 2015.5 V60 CC came with 124! miles on the OD. Its ok though, they gave me great deal on the price and upped the warranty at the same time. I can live with it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice.. my dealer was adamant that the 20 miles was all testing to make sure they provide me with a worry free car.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
My Polestar V60 had 17 miles, right off the transport truck from the port.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My V came with 300 km on it but they gave me a great discount I couldn't refuse

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
My Polestar arrived from port with 12 miles on it but I had a dealer rep drive it from the P* certified dealer to one right down the road from me, so I took delivery with 45 miles on it. Don't be worried about 20 miles your car. That is well within the range of PDI(Post Delivery Inspection) after factory delivery. On the very slim chance that your dealer is not being honest and your car was driven for all of 5 or so miles, there is nothing that would have been done to it in so short a distance for you to worry about.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts