SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmm. :rolleyes:

I am curious to know that from the time you dropped the new car at the FDC to the exact time you picked it up from the dealer.. How many miles were added to the car?

I am hoping that is something 'small'...less than 5 miles?

:confused:

·
Registered
254 Posts
The car had 15 miles on it at pickup at FDC when I drove through the gate. Returned at FDC with 2,200 exactly two weeks later. Dropped it off in Göteborg and maybe five miles was added before I picked it up in Anchorage, Alaska.

freezingalaskan

·
Registered
347 Posts
Is that odometer reading of 15 miles at FDC pickup typical? Or does it only apply to the volvos assembled at the Belgium factory and shipped to Gothenburg? Is Volvo test driving each car to make sure no easily detected defects are present?

·
Registered
702 Posts
My '12 XC60 had 5 miles on the odometer at pickup in November '11. There is a gated area behind the Factory Delivery Center where they have at least some of the Belgium (i.e XC60) vehicles stored prior to delivery. In our case, on our '12 XC60, we missed a mark on the bumper of our XC60 during FDC pickup. Don't know how it got there or how we missed it, but it happened before we picked it up base on some pictures we took. Maybe we missed it because we had two kids running around having fun, eating lunch, and asking to buy this or that item. Later on, after we saw the scratch, Volvo could have said it was not their responsibility. Instead, based on a few pictures we sent, Volvo FDC reps took responsibility and then worked with our local dealer to replace the rear bumper skin completely. All is good. Brand new perfect rear bumper. This happened in January '12. This keeps customers for the long term.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Is that odometer reading of 15 miles at FDC pickup typical? Or does it only apply to the volvos assembled at the Belgium factory and shipped to Gothenburg? Is Volvo test driving each car to make sure no easily detected defects are present?
My car is an XC70 which I believe was built in Göteborg. Maybe they used it for picking up a pizza before delivery ;)

freezingalaskan

·
Registered
107 Posts
Benbow - A week and a half - see you in Sweden!!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hi mstak. Almost time to pack isn't it! I notified FDC yesterday of our arrival and their reply says we will be collected from the hotel at 10AM.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
If you take the factory tour you'll know how the pre-delivery miles get on the car :)

I had about 7 miles (+0/-2) between drop off at FDC and pickup at US dealer.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi mstak. Almost time to pack isn't it! I notified FDC yesterday of our arrival and their reply says we will be collected from the hotel at 10AM.
Benbow - We are being collected at the hotel at 8:00am and we asked for a 9:30am delivery. Should be a fun experience. We plan on having the lunch, take the tour and then head toward Oslo. We are spending two nights outside of Oslo at a place called Losby Gods and then we will be heading to Balestrand. We are looking forward to some R&R and driving the new Volvo.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just come back from OSD.

There was 5 miles on the odometer. I put 8 miles before returning to the FDC. Let's see how many more miles will be added before seeing it again.. ;P

·
Registered
347 Posts
Our Gothenburg manufactured car had 14 miles on it when we picked it up on June 26th. The factory is huge, with a mile long assembly building they told us but that still does not explain how the odometer recorded 14 miles. At delivery time I did not remember to ask how that happened.

First time to post my auto history signature.

·
Registered
107 Posts
We had 5 miles on the odometer at pickup and 1714 when dropping off at FDC and the tank was empty. Glad we had a GPS to get back or we would have walked the rest of the way to FDC.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Benbow: During the factory tour they didn't tell you how they test drive the car on an indoor track (and some are taken for a longer drive)? All in the name of QC.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hmm. :rolleyes:

I am curious to know that from the time you dropped the new car at the FDC to the exact time you picked it up from the dealer.. How many miles were added to the car?

I am hoping that is something 'small'...less than 5 miles?

:confused:
I think some of the recent relies have missed what was being asked. Taeyeon was hoping to find out from when you dropped your car at the FDC for shipment, until you picked it up at your local dealer, how many miles were added to the odometer. If I dropped it off with in Gothenburg with 1,000 miles on the odometer and there were 1,010 miles the odometer when I pick it up at the local dealer, that's 10 miles.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got my C30 with 6.3 miles on July 2 and turned it in in 7/11 with 1,998 on it so I'm curious to see what it has on it when it turns up at the dealer in 8-10 weeks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I dropped my XC60 at FDC with 354 miles. When I picked it up at the dealer it had 373 miles. So 19 miles total.

When I returned the car at the FDC I reported a problem where it pulled slightly to the right while traveling at highway speed (>65 mph). They told me it would be sent to the engineers for a technical check before shipment so I suspect that a few of those 19 miles were a result of any road tests they performed. And, the pull to the right is gone...so they apparently corrected the problem.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
My 2013 XC90 ended up with 18 miles from the time I dropped it off in Goteborg to the time I collected it from my local dealer. The paperwork listing what VCNA does at the port was left in the car and if I remember correctly it gets a road test there. I also know my local dealer took it down the street as well.

When I picked up the car at the FDC in Goteborg it had 3 miles on it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Finally picked up my baby a few weeks ago.. :D

Total of 8 miles were added on the odometer when picking up. Not too bad. Totally acceptable. :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Finally picked up my baby a few weeks ago.. :D

Total of 8 miles were added on the odometer when picking up. Not too bad. Totally acceptable. :)
11 additional miles on mine!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts