SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 94 850 wagon, and am wondering about a V70. If you have kids and use the car seats, is a V70 set up with 2 sets of LATCH attachments, or 3? We have 3 car seats in the back of our 850, but it doesnt have LATCH (too old).<p>Our Passat Wagon 2003 has only 2 sets of LATCH, but the Volvo is wider.<p>Thanks!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: How many LATCH in back seat? (wingdo)

so 6 of those little metal loops. you are not attaching two clips to one loop, right?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Re: How many LATCH in back seat? (jh_on_the_cape)

Two sets of metal LATCH anchors in the rear seats (two outboard positions).<br>Three of the top strap anchors on the back of the rear seats (one for each position).

·
Registered
911 Posts
Re: How many LATCH in back seat? (VTT5)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>VTT5</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Two sets of metal LATCH anchors in the rear seats (two outboard positions).<br>Three of the top strap anchors on the back of the rear seats (one for each position).</TD></TR></TABLE><p>+1<p>...and I use the ISO-fix anchors exclusively

·
Registered
16 Posts
Re: How many LATCH in back seat? (VTT5)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>VTT5</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Two sets of metal LATCH anchors in the rear seats (two outboard positions).<br>Three of the top strap anchors on the back of the rear seats (one for each position).</TD></TR></TABLE><p>What they said.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

OK thanks all. I have not found a wagon with 3 sets of LATCH (aka isofix in europe) in the back seat. I had considered a different car, but will prob just stick with the 850.

·
Registered
120 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>jh_on_the_cape</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OK thanks all. I have not found a wagon with 3 sets of LATCH (aka isofix in europe) in the back seat. I had considered a different car, but will prob just stick with the 850.</TD></TR></TABLE><br>Using the center seat belt in the v70 to secure a child seat is as safe as using a latch connector...

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Re: How many LATCH in back seat? (winglet)

Using the seat belt is more secure than using LATCH. LATCH has a weight limit but the seat belts do not.<p>If you put the child seat in the middle be sure to NOT USE one LATCH point for either side. This is NO NO, and not how the LATCH system was designed. Use the seat belt by pulling it completely out (to engage the locking mechanism) and then pull the hell out it to cinch down the seat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts