SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
R fanatics:

Any one have these numbers? Some folks put the total number at about 300 across all years, but that seems pretty low. Atacama was pretty popular, right?

Thanks!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Well this isn't as specific as you'd like but I found this in an old forum thread:

Following are the production numbers for the V70R 2004 through 2007:
2004= 1,565
2005= 674
2006= 823
2007= 345

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
To narrow down further, I know about 300 2006 VRs were manual. Far fewer manual and atacama.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Not many after 2004
I owned one new (2004) and bought and sold ONE( a 2005) used
I've bought a few GTs with Atacama but only the one manual.

I haven't seen one for sale (at the auctions) literally for years.

·
Registered
185 Posts
How many Atacama, manual wagons were produced total or in each year? Any esti...

Good luck finding out. I tried last year when I bought my07 VR atacama manual. I called Volvo of North America and had my Swedish girlfriend call Volvo in Sweden and we had no luck. We got the template email and excuse they use on the phone when people are inquiring.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
This came up a few years ago and JRL put together some numbers. I have a Sonic Blue and Atacama 6speed manual V70R. I think there were 4 of those delivered to North America between 06-07. And no, I will never sell her.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
This came up a few years ago and JRL put together some numbers. I have a Sonic Blue and Atacama 6speed manual V70R. I think there were 4 of those delivered to North America between 06-07. And no, I will never sell her.
That's my dream combo. So tempted to buy the interior in the classifieds and paint mine sonic. :D

·
Registered
3,399 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
That's my dream combo. So tempted to buy the interior in the classifieds and paint mine sonic. :D
I'm tempted to snap up that interior as well, but keep the VR Electric Silver. Unfortunately, he's asking too much. :( You can get a custom interior from Viva, new and installed, for $2,600. I'm now considering that; I could have Atacama sides with alcantara inserts, a la the 1998-2000 V70R's... :D

-Steve

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Off topic since I don't know the answer, but I fit the profile, it's midnight, and I'll ramble. I still get notes left on my nearly 12 year old car 'when you're ready to sell.' I'm ready for my Audi RS6 tdi wagon with Volvo Atacama seats and M5 suspension/steering and 911 manual gearbox, I'll drive the VR till something close becomes available. Just mash an X5 diesel and Audi A6 together, I'd suffer with a slush box.
I remember driving home from the dealer having short lived buyers remorse, and in '07 thinking I should order a spare one for the day the '04 wears out. Instead I have a great door ding (pdr) guy, filters, plugs, oil, and leather conditioner, spare rims, installed spare exhaust, a few struts, etc. This summer is end links, likely a bearing, fresh fluids, and some seat stitching. I don't post much anymore, but now you know I'm not dead.

·
Registered
289 Posts
my dream combo was a Passion Red exterior with Atacama. But I'm happy with the Nordkap. If I had bucks to spare I would get the Viva interior in red as in their website. Red on Red. "some like it hot, I like it red"

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How many miles on your VR? How many miles are folks getting out of the R cars before they go? Like legendary Volvo longevity? Or just keep replacing expensive parts as they start to fail?
What's the record on an R for mileage?

Tx

Off topic since I don't know the answer, but I fit the profile, it's midnight, and I'll ramble. I still get notes left on my nearly 12 year old car 'when you're ready to sell.' I'm ready for my Audi RS6 tdi wagon with Volvo Atacama seats and M5 suspension/steering and 911 manual gearbox, I'll drive the VR till something close becomes available. Just mash an X5 diesel and Audi A6 together, I'd suffer with a slush box.
I remember driving home from the dealer having short lived buyers remorse, and in '07 thinking I should order a spare one for the day the '04 wears out. Instead I have a great door ding (pdr) guy, filters, plugs, oil, and leather conditioner, spare rims, installed spare exhaust, a few struts, etc. This summer is end links, likely a bearing, fresh fluids, and some seat stitching. I don't post much anymore, but now you know I'm not dead.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Are these numbers WORLD-WIDE or just for the USA ??? God Bless :)

Well this isn't as specific as you'd like but I found this in an old forum thread:

Following are the production numbers for the V70R 2004 through 2007:
2004= 1,565
2005= 674
2006= 823
2007= 345

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
US deliveries

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I'm tempted to snap up that interior as well, but keep the VR Electric Silver. Unfortunately, he's asking too much. :( You can get a custom interior from Viva, new and installed, for $2,600. I'm now considering that; I could have Atacama sides with alcantara inserts, a la the 1998-2000 V70R's... :D

-Steve
Once I get the extra cash, that's the exact route I plan to go.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I'd really like to find a place that uses Bridge of Weir leather; I figure that would be the most 'correct' for our caRs. Yeah, I know :p

-Steve

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Nobody "uses it" as standard leather but any upholstery shop can order it.
I've done 3 or 4 cars in the stuff, VERY expensive (and very fragile)!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts