SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really don’t need 315hp for the wife . For about the same $, I’d rather the T5 inscription than the T6 momentum.
Why are there so few T5’s around ?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think car manufacturers front load their production inventory with their more expensive models. I remember when Tesla came out with the model 3 , was supposed to start at 35k- the one’s they built cost around 50k for many months.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Search around or have your local dealer do a search for you. I know my dealer has a few as I have personally performed the PDI's.

OR you can have the dealer just order one to your preferences if you are not in a rush.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Have you heard how long to order one ?
I can not say for sure but demand isnt as crazy as it is for the xc40 so maybe 2 months. Also depends on what your local dealer has in the pipeline. They might already have coming what you want so it would be a quicker eta.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I think car manufacturers front load their production inventory with their more expensive models. I remember when Tesla came out with the model 3 , was supposed to start at 35k- the one's they built cost around 50k for many months.
I suspect that it's dealerships that are at fault, not manufacturers. My understanding is that dealerships can order more T5s than T6s if they think the T5s will sell more. Same goes for options: dealerships put in options that they think are more likely to sell cars. In the case of Volvo, it usually means that (from my experience) it's hard to find cars less than $5k-$10k over base price, and that may also reduce sales.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Unfortunately Volvo isn’t offering the T5 AWD in the S/V60, I guess they’re saving it for the CC. This will limit the T5s take rate especially in the northern latitudes.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Volvo would be stupid not to start building T5 AWD S60 by MY2021. This car would be a perfect combination of real life performance, practicality, fuel economy and cost for a lot of people...

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
I really don't need 315hp for the wife . For about the same $, I'd rather the T5 inscription than the T6 momentum.
Why are there so few T5's around ?
There will be more T5s arriving toward the end of March and into early April.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Volvo would be stupid not to start building T5 AWD S60 by MY2021. This car would be a perfect combination of real life performance, practicality, fuel economy and cost for a lot of people...
Don't need to; the S60 T6 AWD is priced lower than its European competition while having more standard features and more power.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Don't need to; the S60 T6 AWD is priced lower than its European competition while having more standard features and more power.
And also 19mpg :p
Personally, I never felt T5 was underpowered in a sedan, and would take 25% higher fuel economy over 50hp any day. Not even for the savings, but convenience of not having to refuel every week!

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Personally, I never felt T5 was underpowered in a sedan, and would take 25% higher fuel economy over 50hp any day. Not even for the savings, but convenience of not having to refuel every week!
My S60 T5 is more than quick enough in comfort mode and more fun in Dynamic mode. After getting multiple tickets in my life I don't need the rush that's comes with extra power; it is more than offset by the bummer that going to driving school or court is....

Thats not to say that you can't get a ticket in a T5, you most surely can, but the temptation to drive like an a$$ is not as present for me.

And 27.4 combined mpg doesnt suck either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
879 Posts
I agree. My T5 S90 (premium fuel only) is more than enough power.

·
Registered
828 Posts
My S60 T5 is more than quick enough in comfort mode and more fun in Dynamic mode. After getting multiple tickets in my life I don't need the rush that's comes with extra power; it is more than offset by the bummer that going to driving school or court is....

Thats not to say that you can't get a ticket in a T5, you most surely can, but the temptation to drive like an a$$ is not as present for me.

And 27.4 combined mpg doesnt suck either.
Agree 100% on every point.

·
Registered
14,822 Posts
I agree. Somehow they figure out a way to bring the slow selling S90 to the States in all configurations but not the relative volume seller S60 in T5 AWD configuration that's actually assembled here? Interesting.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I agree. Somehow they figure out a way to bring the slow selling S90 to the States in all configurations but not the relative volume seller S60 in T5 AWD configuration that's actually assembled here? Interesting.
Actually, US S90 is now limited to long-wheelbase and Momentum/Inscription only. No regular-wheelbase or R-design S90 for us...You can build one in Bursting Blue with perforated Nappa leather Contour seats and Carbon Fiber trim on UK Volvo site. Gorgeous, but not at all suitable for this market, I guess?.. ( Unlike S60 Cross Country sedan :facepalm: I wonder how many were sold here in total )

·
Registered
14,822 Posts
Actually, US S90 is now limited to long-wheelbase and Momentum/Inscription only. No regular-wheelbase or R-design S90 for us...You can build one in Bursting Blue with perforated Nappa leather Contour seats and Carbon Fiber trim on UK Volvo site. Gorgeous, but not at all suitable for this market, I guess?.. ( Unlike S60 Cross Country sedan :facepalm: I wonder how many were sold here in total )
I guess I was thinking more driveline variations (T5 FWD, T5 AWD, T6, T8) that are offered on the S90 but to Yannis' point, even the T6 is cheaper and provides more power than the competition. If I was going to buy one of these cars I'd be looking for a T5 AWD and that leaves the V60 CC as the offering with that driveline.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts