SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

How long from Port to Dealership?

13K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  bbeast 
#1 ·
Looks like my xc90 was delivered to the Port in New York last week. Generally, what have you guys found is the timing from port delivery off the cargo ship to arrival at the dealer?

#3 ·
For us it was about 1 week from Baltimore port delivery to Dealer. This all depends on a variety of factors: prep of the vehicle, customs clearance, and also truck transport availability. Truck transports like to fill their trucks and logistically want vehicles to be delivered on their planned routes. Others have had different experiences due to recalls and the port also makes a difference.

#4 ·
I think it really depends on how far your dealer is from the port and how lucky you are with the truck that will carry your car.

#5 ·
4 to 15 days.

Many factors control the delivery to retailer, such as: quality upgrades, distance from port, accessories (if applicable), how many cars are going to that area (for example, if your retailer only has 2 cars scheduled to be delivered to them and not any other cars going to neighboring stores, the truck will not leave port until a full truck load is configured), etc.

#9 ·
Let me give you our timeline:

10.13.2015 - Customs Release; the car arrived at the port in Baltimore.

10.21.2015 - Liner Release; I don't know what that means nor our agent but he speculate that that could be when the car was unloaded from the ship.

11.10.2015 - The day we got the car. The car arrived at the dealership 11.07.2015, but we didn't picked it up right away.

So ours took 25 days from arriving at the port to the dealer. They usually say it'll take max of 10days from port to dealership but form our experience it takes more than that, we have another order on the way and we are still waiting for the dealer to receive it.

2nd order timeline:

11.25.2015 - Customs Release

11.27.2015 - Liner Release

I may be wrong in interpreting these information, Volvo dealers have a different set of codes that they receive regarding an order but again the time frame they give is usually very conservative. I stopped texting our agent regarding the status of our car because my wife says so. haha! But you may wanna check with them once in a while to see if they have the car already.

#24 ·
Can someone possibly answer or offer some insight?

Below is the current status of my vehicle:
DELIVERED FROM NEW YORK, NY 16-12-2015 08:00:00 1
DISCHARGED NEW YORK, NY 15-12-2015 18:00:00 1
LOADED ON VESSEL GOTHENBURG 29-11-2015 18:04:44 1
RECEIVED AT TERMINAL GOTHENBURG 13-11-2015 08:06:48 1
BOOKED GOTHENBURG 12-11-2015 21:45:12

1) My main worry is that the Vehicle is updated with any recalls, fixes and has all the current Software Updates applied. At what point above would it have taken place? It sat in Gothenburg for a long time....or was it done in NYC (where it appears to be there for a few hours) . Or does the software get applied at the dealership....which I hope not as I have little faith.
2) Is the waiting or has left to be towed to the dealership?

Thanks!

#25 ·
Can someone possibly answer or offer some insight?

Below is the current status of my vehicle:
DELIVERED FROM NEW YORK, NY 16-12-2015 08:00:00 1
DISCHARGED NEW YORK, NY 15-12-2015 18:00:00 1
LOADED ON VESSEL GOTHENBURG 29-11-2015 18:04:44 1
RECEIVED AT TERMINAL GOTHENBURG 13-11-2015 08:06:48 1
BOOKED GOTHENBURG 12-11-2015 21:45:12

1) My main worry is that the Vehicle is updated with any recalls, fixes and has all the current Software Updates applied. At what point above would it have taken place? It sat in Gothenburg for a long time....or was it done in NYC (where it appears to be there for a few hours) . Or does the software get applied at the dealership....which I hope not as I have little faith.
2) Is the waiting or has left to be towed to the dealership?

Thanks!
Mine was discharged/delivered to NY on the 12th (Vessel Carmen 4) and should be leaving the port to the dealership today according to the last update I received

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.