SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are planning to drop off the car at Gothenburg shipping center on a Friday and then catch a train/plane to elsewhere. What time does the drop-off center open til? How long does the drop-off process take, one hour, two hours? We are also planning to order some accessories, does that take long? I want to allocate enough time so we don't miss the train or plane. Thanks very much!

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
The drop off can take less than 1/2 hour if you advise the Delivery center about your plans upfront. I suggest ordering all accessories at the delivery not at the drop off. The ordering does not take long, same as any purchase at the service desk, but the installation can take some time. My recollection is that the Delivery center is opened from 8 to 5.
You can also arrange for the off-hours drop off. It is not widely advertised, but if your travel plans are such that you will miss the business hours, advise the personal at the time of delivery and they will allow you to leave a car at the secured 24×7 parking lot nearby and will give your final paperwork to you at the time of delivery. I did it on one of my deliveries, where we came back from Copenhagen around midnight and had 7 o'clock morning flight home next day.
The parking lot guard treated my wife and I with a good coffee from her thermos and called a taxi at Volvo's expense.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,052 Posts
Drop off hours are monday-friday 8:30am-4pm.

As Gasco mentioned... let them know when you will be returning the vehicle and it will save time.
Also, let them know that you will need transportation to the airport/train station.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Gasco and Bob for the useful info! I also got a reply from the delivery center:
"The Factory Delivery Center is open for drop-offs between 8 AM and 3 PM Monday to Friday. The drop-off procedure takes about 30 minutes and when the necessary paperwork has been completed, we will provide you with a complimentary ride back into town. If you plan on catching a flight on your drop-off date we recommend that you bring your car back to be shipped 4 hours prior to your flight departure. We will also provide you with transportation from the hotel to the airport on your date of departure if needed.
We will arrange this when you arrive for the drop off."

To be on the safe side, I plan to drop-off early in the morning with advance notice. The reason for ordering accessory at drop-off is that I am thinking about the styling kit, which will take a while to install. So after drop-off, they can take their time to install the kit, and I can continue with the rest of the trip. No time is spent on waiting. It will delay the shipment to U.S., but that is OK with me.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
We ended up dropping off the day before -- we had planned on dropping off the morning of our flight out -- but I decided I didn't need the car the rest of that day and saw no reason to pay the hotel to park the car. We came back to Gothenburg a day early for the factory tour which was closed on our delivery day (day of service for the Queen's Birthday).

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
The most recent email I've received from the FDC (14 Sep 2015) indicates:

The Factory Delivery Center is open for drop-offs between 8 AM and 3 PM Monday to Friday.

I would suggest if you are planning on dropping off and then being taken to the airport for a flight, make an appointment to drop the car off 3 hours before your flight - and no less than 2.5 hours. Otherwise if not making a flight - Volvo will drop you off at a hotel (Radisson Blu or one of your choice?), train station, etc. after you've completed the drop-off paperwork.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts