SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2013 C30 is almost 7 years old now.

I'm not interested in selling but I've been keeping an eye on any V40 development and not liking what is trickling out. Everything from a raised SUV coupe to North America not even receiving any V40. And even if a V40 does make an appearance it is highly unlikely it will have a manual transmission option.

How long do you think you'll keep your C30 for? The most expensive thing to replace so far has been a new set of brakes. Other than that no major issues.

Since the VW Golf/GTI are probably the closest thing to a C30 currently I've been keeping a close watch to see if VW decides to discontinue these models for North America - and especially if they discontinue the manual transmission. That's when I may hold up a white flag and jump ship.

What about you?

·
Registered
26 Posts
If I buy my own place will have to abondon ship, but if not for sure a couple of years. 09 1.6D tuned

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
541 Posts
My wife loves her '12 C30 R Design w/Polestar tune manual transmission. She says she will keep it forever! It reminds her of the OSD program.

We gave our son my '13 C30 PLE manual and it has, like my wife's, been bullet proof. He can't see ever selling it either.

Very practical, fun to drive, solid, planted, and attractive.

So the answer to the question is NEVER.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My C30 was bought used as an extra toy car for me when I sold my motorcycles so will probably be around for a while. If it stays reliable I’ll probably hand it off to the kids in 4-5 years (minus some of the go fast parts).

·
Registered
177 Posts
I’ve been driving it for 4 years now, still loving it. Yet sometimes somewhat unpractical with smaller kiddos its just tooooo much fun to drive.

I’d only sell it if I can get an affordable (sub 30k) likely pre-owned Volvo EV to replace it with. Hopefully they’ll make a small, fun and similarly attractive EV in the future

·
Super Moderator
15,222 Posts
It's a track toy with a value of only $800. It's not going anywhere, even though the Porsche has replaced it as my main weapon of choice.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I don't buy new cars. My C30 was already 3 years old when I bought it. Typically I keep my cars for at least 10 years, but the life expectancy (software issues aside) is much longer than the cars I grew up with in the 70s, and those I've owned 80's-through 90's. I don't ever want to own one of the new (2017, 2018?) cars with that stupid engine shut-off-at-idle setups. I don't care what anyone claims, there's no way that doesn't reduce engine life & increase mechanical wear.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
We've had ours since new back in 08. Considered selling it for a downpayment on a V60, but couldn't. My wife want's to drive it in 15 years after the kids are gone. The thing has been solid, fun to drive, and for some reason has free Sirius radio?!?!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Original owner/C30 '08 is still around and will be for years to come.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts