SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm about to order one, and was wondering how are you liking your blond leather seats, and how well they're wearing.

Thanks for the input,

Josh

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mark. Do you have the Inscription Napa, or the Momentum?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Momentum plus, so the standard leather. After reading comments, I was worried about dye transfer and what not. Still look brand new though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
482 Posts
FYI...My 2005 has blond and it's fine. No kids...no transfer.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Momentum plus, so the standard leather. After reading comments, I was worried about dye transfer and what not. Still look brand new though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've seen two demos with the upgraded amber leather and in both cases I saw dye transfer on the driver's seat. Is this just an issue with the Napa leather and the standard leather is less prone to transfer? Or are these just two isolated incidences?

·
Registered
381 Posts
I've seen two demos with the upgraded amber leather and in both cases I saw dye transfer on the driver's seat. Is this just an issue with the Napa leather and the standard leather is less prone to transfer? Or are these just two isolated incidences?
One of the first thing I did with ours was treat the seats with CQuartz. To date, I've had no issue with dye transfer. I have cleaned them a couple of times with a light cleaner (Wolfgang's Leather Cleaner).

·
Registered
602 Posts
remember on demos, there are many more asses moving back and forth on that seat in a day then you might do in a month.

·
Registered
559 Posts
remember on demos, there are many more asses moving back and forth on that seat in a day then you might do in a month.

True enough. But the point is still that I wouldn't want my car showing those marks after a few days or a few months (demos essentially "accelerate time" so to speak).

It's one thing if I spill something on it, but it's another if I get my seats dirty just by wearing jeans in the car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dye transfer is not an issue in my experience. Just wipe it, and it all goes away. I had a demo in blonde for half-a-day and whiped the already transfered dye all away easily with baby whipes. The leather is protected from the factory.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anyone with Inscription Blonde would like to chime in?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts