SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Contemplating purchasing a 2019 XC90 Inscription with Advanced Package. The make or break item is the steering assist / "Pilot Assist". Does it stay centered between the well marked lines or does it "hunt" or "ping pong"? How well does it handle curves? I do realize you have to continually apply steering inputs to show your attention. Cadillac's "Super Cruise" on major highways does NOT require steering wheel touches because it watches your face and eyes. That I LIKE!!! That feature will be going on at least four other GM models within a year. I was VERY dissapointed that Volvo for 2020 basically changed nothing but the grill. The big new model XC90 will appear in 2021 and will be made in the US. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Contemplating purchasing a 2019 XC90 Inscription with Advanced Package. The make or break item is the steering assist / "Pilot Assist". Does it stay centered between the well marked lines or does it "hunt" or "ping pong"? How well does it handle curves? I do realize you have to continually apply steering inputs to show your attention. Cadillac's "Super Cruise" on major highways does NOT require steering wheel touches because it watches your face and eyes. That I LIKE!!! That feature will be going on at least four other GM models within a year. I was VERY dissapointed that Volvo for 2020 basically changed nothing but the grill. The big new model XC90 will appear in 2021 and will be made in the US. Thanks guys.
It's "good enough" if you don't plan on being one of those idiots that stops paying attention and want it mostly for highway drives. It's handles curves well and is very smooth but tends to prefer the left side of the lane. It does require inputs like every 10 seconds but that can be accomplished by just resting you hand on the bottom of the wheel. I very rarely get false alerts.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
its excellent in my XC90, in this loaner XC60 I have it is complete poop.

·
Registered
81 Posts
It is only as straight as the DMV stripe, which suck here in the Carolinas....and it works best when your vehicle is clean. When dirty, it searches around. Be prepared to clean the cameras every fill up when traveling.

Other than that, I LOVE IT!

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
It is must have for me. After 5-6 hr long trip I don't feel tired at all, only like driving for an hour in a car without PA.

Of course it doesn't do magic things and need your attention.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts