SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does the HU know how fast the car is going? I'm still trying (after 9 months) to override the 5 mph video barrier. IMIV's VWIM won't load using my nano, classic, or touch**. Is there a cable in the Melbus or elsewhere that I can feed a constant voltage to to trick the system out? A sensor I can remove? Anything? I'm about to drive from FL to WA and could really use video.<p>Thanks.<p>**Yes, I know how to load firmware. I've done it successfully several times. VWIM is the only program that won't work.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Re: How does the HU know how fast the car is going? (flanimal)

Might not be so easy...I believe VSS is fed via CANbus to the Head Unit, along with all the other information.<br>

·
Registered
448 Posts
Re: How does the HU know how fast the car is going? (flanimal)

It's not the HU shutting down the video at 5mph, but the iMIV. <br>Pls, set your iMIV to service mode, have it shown the serial no. and email me your serial that shows on the iPod (see manual for detailed instructions). <p>I think I can help you out.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: How does the HU know how fast the car is going? (mrg_Ed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>mrg_Ed</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's not the HU shutting down the video at 5mph, but the iMIV. <br>Pls, set your iMIV to service mode, have it shown the serial no. and email me your serial that shows on the iPod (see manual for detailed instructions). <p>I think I can help you out.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Thank you, I haven't forgotten about you. I've been in a hotel for ever and a day and my car has been parked in the vallet. As soon as I leave and go back home I'll send you those numbers. I appreciate any help you might provide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts