SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is the T8 in the rear hatch and the charging port on the front left. But is there something for stranges to Volvo to key in on?

·
Registered
33 Posts
You can also tell by the horrible driving of the owner because it is hard to drive while patting yourself on your back. (OK...and old Jay Leno joke about Prius drivers...)

·
Registered
2,356 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
"HALO" LOL. #STOPDON'TSTOP!
BTW, i'm totally not opposed to hybrid tech, electric, diesel, etc., but until we get the US out of the pocket of big oil, the payback / incentive on pricing differentials for many vehicles just isn't there on many fronts when compared to something like the highly efficient T6 in the 7 passenger XC90, for example.
take it with a grain of salt of course but this is an interesting read (scroll down): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_Scorecard

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Yes! T8 = crystal gear selector on all versions
I really hope so because from what I read the T8 R-Design shows leather gear shift.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
There is no T8 R-Design car in US as of now. Where did you read this? The online configuration at least shows crystal for any T8.
Check Canadian Volvo site, have built it few times already lol

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
My T8 R-Design explicitly states that it has the crystal shifter on the order specs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And where are you located?? Would be nice to see under your location ;)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There is the T8 in the rear hatch and the charging port on the front left. But is there something for stranges to Volvo to key in on?
I was thinking of something like the badge on my THH which consists of "hybrid synergy drive" followed by a blue S.

The Ford hybrid badge shows a road with a green leaf attached followed by "hybrid".

The Outlander uses PHEV.

Nissan uses PURE DRIVE HYBID.

VW uses HYBRID.

Audi uses hybrid.

BMW uses Active Hybrid.

Prius uses Plug-In Hybrid.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
I was thinking of something like the badge on my THH which consists of "hybrid synergy drive" followed by a blue S.

The Ford hybrid badge shows a road with a green leaf attached followed by "hybrid".

The Outlander uses PHEV.

Nissan uses PURE DRIVE HYBID.

VW uses HYBRID.

Audi uses hybrid.

BMW uses Active Hybrid.

Prius uses Plug-In Hybrid.
Good suggestion! They should make the T8 sign green, or blue, at least for the '8'.. :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts