SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i just wanted to know what happens when your R has a BSR chip stage 2 and you press the sport button ?

Are they interacting together properly, am i increasing the performance even more with sports mode even with the BSR ?

The car seems to have a lot of power even when not in advanced sports mode.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Highly unlikely. All it should do is give you the advanced mode throttle characteristics. Hilton Tuning is the only one in the world who has made custom code to be able to switch to higher power maps. Other tuners use a different method, but its not correct way. They manipulate with torque request whereas Hilton has different maps (Load, timing, fueling etc) for different buttons.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So if i understand correctly, there is really no need for me to press the sports mode unless i want less throtle delay ?

If my R is geartronic, the S mode should also technically make my shifting higher in the rpms, right ?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I dont think it will make it shift in higher rpm. Sport mode should make accelerator pedal more sensitive iirc

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
So if i understand correctly, there is really no need for me to press the sports mode unless i want less throtle delay ?

If my R is geartronic, the S mode should also technically make my shifting higher in the rpms, right ?

Don't forget the actual active chassis component of this. I.E. those buttons also change your suspension/ride characteristics. It's not just throttle response and shifting that are affected. Even if your tune some how eliminated the difference in throttle response between the three active chassis modes, it did not affect the body control aspect.

Yes, the S button on your transmission will cause the car to hold gears for longer - shift higher.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
If you want the shifting characteristics of Advanced mode while in Comfort or Sport, enabling the S button will give you exactly that, just without the suspension characteristics changing.

Sent from my iDevice using Tapatalk

·
Registered
340 Posts
Highly unlikely. All it should do is give you the advanced mode throttle characteristics. Hilton Tuning is the only one in the world who has made custom code to be able to switch to higher power maps. Other tuners use a different method, but its not correct way. They manipulate with torque request whereas Hilton has different maps (Load, timing, fueling etc) for different buttons.
Uh, Hilton Tuning is NOT the only one in the world who is able to do this. There are several other individuals and a couple companies who have full map switching. It's highly possible he may have been the first, but he's NOT the only one...

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
On a Volvo?
And as I said, manipulating torque request maps is not map switching...

·
Registered
266 Posts
If you want the shifting characteristics of Advanced mode while in Comfort or Sport, enabling the S button will give you exactly that, just without the suspension characteristics changing.

Sent from my iDevice using Tapatalk
Unless mine is broken, I can't enter SPORT mode while COMFORT is activated. Can only turn on/off while in SPORT setting.

If I get the urge to install a tune it will be one with full map switching.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unless mine is broken, I can't enter SPORT mode while COMFORT is activated. Can only turn on/off while in SPORT setting.

If I get the urge to install a tune it will be one with full map switching.
Thats weird because i can turn on the S mode while in comfort, perhaps what year is your R mine is a 2005.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Interesting indeed. Mine is an 06 GT. Annnnnd now that I went outside to confirm it doesn't come on in comfort mode....it does....sneaky little bugger.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
On a Volvo?
And as I said, manipulating torque request maps is not map switching...

Quite a few in Sweden, in fact some can even adjust the Haldex bias :D

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Interesting indeed. Mine is an 06 GT. Annnnnd now that I went outside to confirm it doesn't come on in comfort mode....it does....sneaky little bugger.
Have you resetted your ecu recently, maybe it would be a good thing to do to reset everything to factory settings, who knows !

·
Registered
266 Posts
Have you resetted your ecu recently, maybe it would be a good thing to do to reset everything to factory settings, who knows !
I had the software updated with the last oil change. Like I said, my fat finger was most likely covering the display when I pushed the button. It does in fact activate while in COMFORT mode.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts