SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Now MY2020 XC90 got some facelift. Next model to change will be S90. How do you want it to be changed for better sale? Trunk lid, or length, or height, or interior, or what?

I am wondering, since P*1 trunk lid looks good to many, can it be applied to S90 too? It should not cause confliction as they are in different price segment.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
655 Posts
Now MY2020 XC90 got some facelift. Next model to change will be S90. How do you want it to be changed for better sale? Trunk lid, or length, or height, or interior, or what?

I am wondering, since P*1 trunk lid looks good to many, can it be applied to S90 too? It should not cause confliction as they are in different price segment.

The what trunk lid?

·
Registered
195 Posts

As for Europe: AWD in T5 version and more powerful diesel, hybrid with diesel.

Full leather dashboard.

·
Registered
13,472 Posts
Yes, I think the trunk should be reworked and bring back the shorter version to the States. I haven't checked the exact measurements but I would imagine it would still be a fair amount larger than the SPA S60.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I don't have an S90, but I think it suffers from the same issue as the V90: A 16 gallon fuel tank. Should be 18 minimum, 20 better.

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,038 Posts
Offer an executive package with the LBW version which would include massage, cooled/heated and reclining rear seats! Now that would be a nice and good use of all the excess legroom the LBW version has.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would like configurable gauges, if I want to see coolant temp I should be able to. Power steering wheel adjustment, it is a crime it doesn't have that on this type of car.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I love the new headlights versus the MY19, i saw one today at the dealership. So I thought about the power steering wheel adjustment, something in me tells me that manual adjustments have something to do with collapse-ability for accidents. Can't validate it but my brain leans that way. This is a big far-fetched wish but I wish someone could align regen-braking with pad-braking for a more consistent feel. I have too many software Sensus changes to list, dump the whole thing and backport Android for us 19'ers. And I do wish I had a center console cubby, but it's all battery, I get it. Give us the dang adaptive high-beams already US law makers. Allow the charge cable to unplug while car is locked *grumble*. I can't say anything about the 15 gallon tank with the T8, i fill up once a month. Uploadable themes for the gauges. Full screen navi if you have HUD to display speed. Full screen AndroidAuto sub-window. more 12v plugs in the front (dash cam, radar, cell phone).

But to be honest, nothing about the car really, :) I love my S90T8 the way it is.

And I can debate on all LED tail lights. My last three cars had them, and, you can't change them. And they're expensive,so you wait till many of them are out and then cough up for a new assembly. Filament brake light, you can change. Sad, I wish it was all LED too, but, meh.

·
Registered
24 Posts
programmable button

I am very content with my S90/D5/Insciption full option but I miss one thing.....: One physical (or even a virtual button) in the sensus that i can program the way i wish (opening cam quick/app i use a lot/quick access to self parking feature etc....)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Facelift rear lights.
B5 (diesel) with 280-300 hp.
T8 with 420-430 hp
S90L as standard option for ali markets.
The “dream” is S90 five door coupe.

That is all folks:)

·
Registered
586 Posts
Next model to change will be S90. How do you want it to be changed for better sale?
1) First off, Volvo needs to get serious about marketing if they want to sell these things. To put it bluntly, the current marketing campaign for this car absolutely SUCKS (does it even still exist!?). It, along with those for the rest of the Volvo model lineup needs a complete overhaul to mirror the same catchy safety, quality/reliability, and practicality campaign of the 1990s (850, 940, 960).

2) Second, whoever came up with the idea of dropping the standard wheelbase version (2017 MY) in the US market in favor of the '18+ long wheelbase / land yacht platform mated to the floaty, sloppy suspension should be fired. If the point was to differentiate the S90 from the S60 by doing so, they failed miserably. The two cars are plenty different already.

3) The R-Design S90 needs to brought to the US market (and for God sakes NOT in long wheelbase!) and offered with unique interior leathers and colors that are the same or similar to those of the P2 R series (I miss my Atacama)..

4) Inside, Volvo should NOT discontinue the CD player option. The audience for the larger luxury sedans tend to be more mature, so to speak, and my dad still can't get over the lack of a CD in his '18. This demographic was overlooked and ticked a lot of people my parent's age off. As a V90 owner, the option I love the most, which I believe is not available in any other Volvo model is the standard plug in power outlet in the rear of the center console. This charges my phone light years faster than the worthless USB port in the S90..

5) Design-wise, I would offer more sporty wheel options to the US market, with offerings similar to the 21" 5-spoke "Fan" that is currently only offered in Europe. As far as the front and rear ends go, I would maybe slim the grille down just a tad and maybe tweak the taillight design, but not too drastically.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
1) First off, Volvo needs to get serious about marketing if they want to sell these things. To put it bluntly, the current marketing campaign for this car absolutely SUCKS (does it even still exist!?). It, along with those for the rest of the Volvo model lineup needs a complete overhaul to mirror the same catchy safety, quality/reliability, and practicality campaign of the 1990s (850, 940, 960).

2) Second, whoever came up with the idea of dropping the standard wheelbase version (2017 MY) in the US market in favor of the '18+ long wheelbase / land yacht platform mated to the floaty, sloppy suspension should be fired. If the point was to differentiate the S90 from the S60 by doing so, they failed miserably. The two cars are plenty different already.

3) The R-Design S90 needs to brought to the US market (and for God sakes NOT in long wheelbase!) and offered with unique interior leathers and colors that are the same or similar to those of the P2 R series (I miss my Atacama)..

4) Inside, Volvo should NOT discontinue the CD player option. The audience for the larger luxury sedans tend to be more mature, so to speak, and my dad still can't get over the lack of a CD in his '18. This demographic was overlooked and ticked a lot of people my parent's age off. As a V90 owner, the option I love the most, which I believe is not available in any other Volvo model is the standard plug in power outlet in the rear of the center console. This charges my phone light years faster than the worthless USB port in the S90..

5) Design-wise, I would offer more sporty wheel options to the US market, with offerings similar to the 21" 5-spoke "Fan" that is currently only offered in Europe. As far as the front and rear ends go, I would maybe slim the grille down just a tad and maybe tweak the taillight design, but not too drastically.
I agree with you on the lack of promotion on this car, but disagree about the long vs. short version. The original short version did not have enough rear headroom due to the tapered roof design. I would however bring back the short version as a sportback with a rear hatch ala the A5/A7 sportbacks and also include a Polestar Engineered variant. I'm pretty certain a P* variant would sell well, plus add publicity for the line.

·
Registered
328 Posts
This is actually a good idea.

S90L should be LWB S90 and standard S90 should be like some kind sportback with fifth door.

And btw, S90 is selling very good, only people in USA don't want them.

·
Registered
129 Posts
sorry for the delay. I was at the dealership and as I was driving I saw some sedans and my eyes immediately caught a new headlight modification. The Thor's hammer "handle" extends past the headlight fixture into the body of the front end. Minor, but neat-o.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts