SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got my car, it came with a plastic emblem that has the dealer name on it. They refused to take it off, and I cannot seem to figure out how to do it without sratching my car. Do you guys know how? Thanks!

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: how do you take off a dealer emblem/decal (myVolvoS60T5)

Heat it a bit with a heat gun. If you can't find one a hair dryer will do, just will take a bit longer. It should lift right off, if not use a plastic razor or try some dental floss after it's hot enough
However, they have NO RIGHT to put a decal on YOUR car, if you TELL them to take it off they have to, it's YOUR PROPERTY.
If they refuse, send them a bill for advertising. If they don't pay, take them to small claims court, you're in the right, 100%

·
Registered
193 Posts
Re: how do you take off a dealer emblem/decal (JRL)

I used a thin piece if fishing line and gently used a back and forth motion and it can right off.

I then used some degreaser to clean the glue from the decal.

You may want to delute the degreaser with water first.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Re: how do you take off a dealer emblem/decal (myVolvoS60T5)

Quote, originally posted by myVolvoS60T5 »
When I got my car, it came with a plastic emblem that has the dealer name on it. They refused to take it off, and I cannot seem to figure out how to do it without sratching my car. Do you guys know how? Thanks!

Here is a link to a video on streetfire of a couple of guys who walk you through the process.

http://videos.streetfire.net/c...8.htm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts