SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have removed the screw cover in the interior door handle, and removed the torx screw but I cannot pull the handle up and out of the side panel. I just need to remove the power window switch because it is not functioning on one side (the switch is activated on the driver's panel). I would like to see if any wires came undone or if I need a new switch. How could I pull the switch out without breaking any plastic trim?<br>Thanks

·
Registered
860 Posts
Re: How do you remove rear power window switch? (zpmada)

You don't have to remove the door handle or any other part of the door to do this job...<p>VADIS directions for this are as follows:<p>1. Tape the end of a putty knife (I used electrical tape) to prevent scratching the trim. <br>2. Work the blade in between the switch and the door recess and gradually work the switch out. <br>3. When it's out of the recess you just need to pull the electrical connector and attach it to the replacement switch.<br>4. push the new switch back into the door recess.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: How do you remove rear power window switch? (zpmada)

It's probably the Master (DRIVERS) door switch anyway, this is the way it manifests a problem, another switch doesn't work.<br>Anyhow, you get a bone tool and CAREFULLY pry up hard.<p>Did you try the rear window from the <B>rear seat switch,</B> not the driver's switch?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts