SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How do you do this? Want to use it as a GPS instead of the car unit. And will it show up on the main screen? Using the phone is a PIA. I am using a MOTO phone, not an Apple.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I believe you open Android Auto, and Waze should be accessible on the car's screen from there.

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A5010 via Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Are you serious? Yes use Android auto plugged in via USB......wow google man

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,039 Posts
How do you do this? Want to use it as a GPS instead of the car unit. And will it show up on the main screen? Using the phone is a PIA. I am using a MOTO phone, not an Apple.
1) Download Waze application on your Moto phone.
2) Connect your phone to your car using your charging cable. Make sure to insert the other end of the cable inside your center console with the bigger (marked) USB port.
3) Swipe right and click on Android Auto on your Volvo Sensus touchscreen if the Android auto app does not launch itself.
4) Select the Waze app from your mirrored phone screen on the Sensus display and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Sorry. Not tech savvy like most here. I'm old school. Just got rid of my flip phone 4 months ago. I'm getting there.
Yes, I guess my response was NOT helpful. What I'm saying is that you can google this and a youtube video will pop up and show you every step of the way. Good luck, hope you get it working, if not PM i'll walk you through it over the phone

·
Registered
1,609 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, I guess my response was NOT helpful. What I'm saying is that you can google this and a youtube video will pop up and show you every step of the way. Good luck, hope you get it working, if not PM i'll walk you through it over the phone
Thank you. It has been a learning experience for sure.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Thank you. It has been a learning experience for sure.
More advice, use the apps on your phone with Android Auto instead of those on the Volvo. e.g. Spotify for podcasts and music. Much better performance and way better "Ok Google" voice control, along with sending text messages etc etc.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well gentlemen, it works! :rave: It took 2 tries to get it working. But, it works great. Even did a voice input. And used the phone while it was hooked up. Many thanks to all of you. This old fart learned a new trick. :partywave:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts