SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i installed HIDS, and my beam pattern is up in the trees, how do i align them?<p>i see there are two little adjusters(i think) but have no idea what tool is needed to turn the adjusters..

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: How do you align 01-04 headlights? (Turbos60)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Turbos60</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You just need a socket that fits over the stars and twist with your hands.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>err so something that would be like an inverse torx?

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Re: How do you align 01-04 headlights? (Impulse922)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Impulse922</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>err so something that would be like an inverse torx?</TD></TR></TABLE><br>No just a standard metric socket will turn it. Not sure on the size.

·
Registered
404 Posts
If you installed hids in your stock housings, its probably not your alignment, but what is is called flare, or hot spots. Most hid bulbs dont have the same focal length as the stock halogens they replace, therefor sitting differently in front of the reflector causing these problems. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Re: (Turb04S60)

I've heard horrors about HID's on our housings, can't help with that.<p>But yes, it's a simple socket you need (my memory says 11mm - could be wrong). It's small, need a 6" extension to reach it easy.<br>Matter of fact I think mine is still in the glovebox from my last adjustment....

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (Turb04S60)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Turb04S60</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you installed hids in your stock housings, its probably not your alignment, but what is is called flare, or hot spots. Most hid bulbs dont have the same focal length as the stock halogens they replace, therefor sitting differently in front of the reflector causing these problems. Good luck.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>it actually was the alignment, the bulbs main path was pointed in the trees<p>Im not going to lie though, they do have some glare/flare.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts