SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a road test on V40 and I couldn't figure out how to activate DSA. The switch on the instrument panel didn't seem to work. <P>Any ideas on how to activate the DSA ? Is always on ? In this case what is the need for a special DSA switch?

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mastjean:<BR><B>I did a road test on V40 and I couldn't figure out how to activate DSA. The switch on the instrument panel didn't seem to work. <P>Any ideas on how to activate the DSA ? Is always on ? In this case what is the need for a special DSA switch?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>It is alwaya on, by default. If you press the <B>"DSA"</B> button for a quick second, nothing happens (protective measure against turning it off, by accident. If you hold the button for more than a couple of seconds, then you will deactivate the DSA and its symbol (a yellow triangle with a car skidding) will appear on your dash. To turn it back on, either turn the engine off and turn it back on or (the preferable method) push the DSA button for a second and you are on!<P>Yannis<BR><P>

·
Registered
188 Posts
hmm....would there be any reason why NOT to turn the DSA on? Being another S40 owner that does NOT get the so call mpg that is stated on the fact. sticker...anyone think that this DSA is the cause of it?<P>

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by volvo5spd:<BR><B>hmm....would there be any reason why NOT to turn the DSA on? Being another S40 owner that does NOT get the so call mpg that is stated on the fact. sticker...anyone think that this DSA is the cause of it?<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well, there are reasons but the main reason would be to have more control how the front wheels slip (for cornering, acceleration, etc.) and also if you were to be stuck in the snow and had to rock the car back and forth, DSA would inhibit you. Gas mileage is not affected by DSA.<P>Yannis<P><P>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts