SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to figure out exactly how our shocks work for a possible project and wanted to see if anyone could answer any of these questions.

Does the SUM send an analog or digital signal to the solenoid on the shock?

If it is analog voltage being sent, do the shocks stiffen with more voltage applied?

Once again, if it is a voltage being applied for stiffness, does anyone know the operating range?

Is a constant voltage sent dependent upon chassis setting or is the signal variable?

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Pat, what did you have in mind? I am going to be installing the second iteration of Tony (the awesome) C's "3C" chip this week and trying out different chips with varying pulse widths and frequencies, so we should have some more feedback next week.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pat, what did you have in mind? I am going to be installing the second iteration of Tony (the awesome) C's "3C" chip this week and trying out different chips with varying pulse widths and frequencies, so we should have some more feedback next week.
Just saw in that thread that it was installed in your car, wish I had known that before the meet!

With a limited understanding of the system, I had initially hoped to install a knob in the car to control ride stiffness. I assumed initially that a) te shock stiffness was controlled by voltage and b) that the signal was static. It appears that neither of these are true which certainly adds complications. Didn't realize Juve had done something similar so it makes things easier though :p

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
...that all being said, you could feasibly set a rheostat to control a different pulse width and another one to control frequency...

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
...that all being said, you could feasibly set a rheostat to control a different pulse width and another one to control frequency...
Yeah, I was thinking of that. Are you guys still just sending static signals to the shocks? How does it ride like that?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts