SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Re: How do I.......????? (Maya Gold)

The logos at the left of the screen underneath people's names are called Avatars. We have a BUNCH of Volvo themed ones to choose from. If you click up on the top right, on the My Profile link, you'll be able to choose your Avatar.

When in your Profile, you can also create a signature. There's coding involved if you want to do links etc.

The last question was posting pics. If you click on the button just below the window where you type text to post, there's one that says Image. Click on that and it will insert this code
at the end of what you have typed thus far. Put the link of the photo you wish to post and it will appear when you post your message.

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
Re: How do I.......????? ([email protected])

quote:

The last question was posting pics. If you click on the button just below the window where you type text to post, there's one that says Image. Click on that and it will insert this code
at the end of what you have typed thus far. Put the link of the photo you wish to post and it will appear when you post your message.
Just to elaborate a tiny bit. You can not link pictures that are on your local harddrive. Like putting in "c:\images\my volvo\picture1.jpg" between the IMG tags. You need to have your pictures hosted on a web site/personal web site before you can link to it. Some general photo sharing sites do not allow direct linking from other sites.

Webshots is one good place to host pics if you don't have a place to host them. Or you may check out the following link:

http://www.andromeda.com/people/ddyer/photo/albums.html

Hope this helps you out.

Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts