SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just got vida/dice and I was extremely excited because my car has been acting up and I did not want to pay the dealer. So I load it up and run a scan for DTC's and I have like 30 o_O

One of them is the speed sensor ECM A12B- all the other codes seem to be related to a bad sensor as well. So my question is why does it not tell me the position of the sensor? Where would I find out that info?

There is something on here that can log data, obviously for a speed sensor the car would have to be moving, can I drive my car with DICE and VIDA attached to read the errors? I am unsure on how to use the thing maybe after a few more hours of reading I will figure it out.

Thank-you in advance! I hope people read this sub-section lol

·
Registered
773 Posts
Added comment to my private message. ECM A12B means there is a signal missing (got to search in VIDA) and that means you will have a very easy time figuring out which of the four sensors has a problem. They are used by the traction control system, so you can see which one is causing the problem easily. On your car, the Brake control module and the transmission control module get signals from the front two wheels, and then forward a signal to the CEM, which forwards it to the DIM (speedometer). The CEM uses whichever is the stronger signal. This means that you only need to monitor the two front wheels, you don't need to worry about either rear wheel. They only affect the ABS system.

IN VIDA, have the vehicle profile set to your car, click on product specification, then click on design and function, choose administration, driver information module, then click on function, and finally click on speedometer. That will give you the information I just repeated above.

Use this type of searching on your own for future problems, let us know if you get confused or can't find something.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts